Apply to Activate
Applications to the Activate program at SSE Business Lab should meet the following criteria.
- Engagement: You have an idea, a team, and the drive to activate your idea
- Business maturity: You want to validate your project but do not yet have a prototype
- Business potential: You are able to communicate why your team and idea have potential
- Team: At least one person from each area of expertise relevant for your idea: example: Business, Tech, Marketing/Growth
- SSE-associated entrepreneurs: At least one founder has to be a student, alumnus or faculty member at SSE or Konstfack or associated with either school in another way
- Part-time commitment: You can commit 50% of work-time during the program, and at least one member of the team can attend each coaching session and workshop (coaching and workshops are during lunch-hour and evenings).
The idea must follow the SSE Business Lab Ethical Guidelines (eg. no alcohol or betting ventures etc.). Venture capital and pure consulting/service firms are also not eligible.
CONTENT OF APPLICATION
Pitch deck should be no more than 10 slides and include:
- Problem: What problem are you solving?
- Solution: What is your solution to the problem?
- Market/Customers: What is your market (size, geography) and who are your customers (channel(s) to reach them)?
- Business model: Describe your business model (how you will, or intend to, create revenue)
- Scalability: Describe how you can scale the idea if you make it into a business
- Sustainability: Describe how you work, or intend to work, with sustainability
- Team: Describe your team, and your view on diversity
- Conclusion: Give a final impression that lasts or state what you’d like to get out of the pitch
You will also receive 3 tests assessing personality, motivation and logical reasoning. These tests will be sent to you once the application period has closed. All founders are to complete the tests within a few days, make sure to dedicate at least 1 hour for this. Important: If you have not received the test by lunch on the day after the admission deadline, immediately contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your final application to SSE Business Lab should not be larger than 4 MB in size. Save everything in one file and name it "SSEBL_[Company name]_Application". Submit your application by attaching it when completing this application form. We accept applications in Swedish or English.