Social Innovation Scholarship
The purpose of the scholarship is to enable SSE students to pursue opportunities within the realm of social entrepreneurship and social innovation. This scholarship is part of the outreach program of the Jacob & Marcus Wallenberg Center for Innovative and Sustainable Business Development, at the SSE House of Innovation.
About the scholarship
The Social Innovation Scholarship is an opportunity for SSE students to spend the summer working for and supporting an established social entrepreneur or NGO anywhere in the world, on-site or digitally. It is an opportunity to leverage your business skills to create real change. Social innovation and social entrepreneurship are initiatives aimed to improve what is missing or not working in the social structure: new solutions, methods, and ideas that create a sustainable society – economically, socially, and ecologically.
The scholarship in brief:
- Two students enrolled at a Master or Bachelor program at SSE are selected every year to receive a scholarship of 30 000 SEK each.
- The selected students engage in a social project over the summer, together with an established organization and/or social entrepreneur, anywhere in the world, on-site or digitally.
- The social work must be conducted during the summer of 2022, and during a period of minimum 6 weeks.
- The selected students need to present at a compulsory House of Innovation seminar. Students, researchers, corporate partners and (if possible) social entrepreneurs are invited to participate.
- The scholarship is intended to cover the students' living costs and other expenses associated with the social work.
- The recipients are selected by a committee consisting of representatives from SSE House of Innovation, the Jacob & Marcus Wallenberg Research Center, the Wallenberg Foundations, Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship, and SASSE.
See below all the documents required to apply for the scholarship. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Application is to be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline: May 20, 2022
The application to the scholarship should contain (in English):
- Letter of approval from the social entrepreneur or executive representative of the organization for which you will work, stating (a) the starting and finishing date of the working period, (b) the nature of the work that will be done, (c) the goals with the collaboration and (d) whether you will work on-site or digitally.
- Brief description of the organization and/or social entrepreneur for which you will work (approx. 1-2 pages).
- Personal letter (1 page) stating (a) which SSE Bachelor or Master program you are currently studying, (b) your motivation behind applying to the scholarship, (c) why the chosen organization and/or social entrepreneur is of interest, (d) how you will leverage your education from SSE and your unique skill set to contribute to the cause of the entrepreneur and/or organization and (e) other aspects that you find relevant for the selection committee.
- Suggestion for a suitable travel and medical insurance, if applicable.