Apply to Incubate
Applications to the incubation program at SSE Business Lab should meet the following criteria.
Business model: A scalable business model with international potential.
Business maturity: You have launched a prototype/MVP with initial traction (first user data/first customer or initial revenue), OR
You have secured funding and product/service is expected to be launched within 6 months.
Sustainability: You should be able to thoroughly explain how the positive impact of your business exceeds the negative impact. *see explanation below
Diversity: Your team should be diverse (gender and/or ethnic identity foremost) or by other means include the perspectives you are missing (in your board, advisory board, mentors/coaches, ambassadors etc.).
SSE-associated entrepreneurs: At least one founder has to be a student, alumnus or faculty member at SSE or associated to the school in another way.
Full-time commitment: At least one founder has to be dedicated to working with the startup as their main engagement.
The idea must follow the SSE Business Lab Ethical Guidelines (eg. no alcohol or betting ventures etc.). Venture capital and pure consulting/service firms are also not eligible.
CONTENT OF APPLICATION
1) CV for each founding team member should be no more than one page per member
2) Executive summary/Cover letter (one page) for the applicant startup including:
- What makes your business case promising?
- Why are you applying to SSE Business Lab?
- What are your expectations from SSE Business Lab?
- How can you contribute to the community at SSE Business Lab?
3) Pitch deck should be no more than 10 slides and include:
- What problem are you solving?
- What is your solution to the problem?
- What makes your solution unique?
- Who has succeeded with this on another/similar market/segment?
- Describe the competitive landscape
- Describe the market, including size, geographies, customers, channels and how you will reach your customers
- Describe your progress until now
- Describe your key metrics for growth, targets and milestones for the next six months if admitted to SSE Business Lab (these will be the metrics that you will be evaluated on at admissions and Progression Q&A after six months)
- Describe your revenue streams (e.g. revenue model, gross margin, lifetime value)
- Describe your cost structure (e.g. distribution costs, customer acquisition costs, R&D)
- Describe your growth outlook for the next 18 months (in text and numbers)
- Describe how you work, or intend to work, with sustainability
- Describe your organization, and your view on diversity
4) Assessment tests for all founders, taking around 1 hour to complete
Once the application period has closed you will receive 3 tests assessing personality, motivation and logical reasoning. All founders are to complete the tests within a few days, make sure to dedicate at least 1 hour for this. Important: If you have not received the test by lunch on the day after the admission deadline, immediately contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The final application which you submit to SSE Business Lab should include the three first components. The three components should not be larger than 4 MB in size. Save everything in one file (pdf or zip) and name it "SSEBL_[Company name]_Application". Submit your application by attaching it when completing this application form. We accept applications in Swedish or English.
Send us a message