Application & admission
October 1 - Application opens.
November 15 - Early-bird application deadline. You may apply by this deadline if you have all the complete documents and test results ready by that date. We will start reviewing the applications and if your candidacy is selected you will receive the invitation for the assessment center from us by the end of December.
January 15 - Application deadline at 23.59 CET. Your complete application should be submitted by this date.
February 23, 24, 27 - Assessment center at SSE. An online alternative will be offered some time in February before the assessment center on campus will take place.
March 15 - Notification regarding the results of the selection.
1. Bachelor's degree
with at least 90 ECTS in Social Sciences or Humanities (including but not limited to Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Political Science, Psychology and/or Sociology), with a minimum of 30 ECTS in Business Administration.
We have had successful applicants with a background in Engineering, Law, Philosophy, Languages and Literature, Computer Science, Technology, Biomedicine as we view social sciences broadly and make an individual assessment based on the courses from the Bachelor studies.
Students in their last year of the Bachelor program are welcome to apply and must upload a document in the application with the remaining courses in their degree.
2. GMAT or GRE test result
- GMAT or GMAT Online: minimum total score of 600 is required for the application to be considered.
- GRE General Test or GRE General Test at Home: minimum quant score of 155 is required for the application to be considered. No min requirement for the verbal score, but the higher the score the better it is for your application.
Applicants with a Bachelor of Science degree from a Swedish university or SSE Riga are not required to submit GMAT / GRE test scores.
3. Proof of proficiency in English
We accept the following options as proof of your proficiency in English:
- IELTS Academic: a minimum band score 7.0
- IELTS Indicator: a minimum band score 7.0
- TOEFL iBT total score at least 100
- TOEFL iBT Home Edition: total score at least 100, with a score of at least 20 in each section
- TOEFL ITP® Plus for China Solution: a minimum score of 640 is required (Listening 66, Structure and Written 66, Reading 65, Interview 19)
- CAE at least grade B
- BEC at least grade B
- CPE at least grade C
- Pearson test of English Academic (PTE) min score 68
- SSE course 108/109 at least grade C/Good/Pass
- A-level GCSE issued in Singapore
- English as native language
- Bachelor's degree from a program conducted completely in English in an English-speaking country
- Bachelor's degree from a program conducted completely in English in a CEMS or an EQUIS/AACSB accredited institution
4. Proficiency in another language
Please list all the languages that you know. This will be taken into consideration during the assessment.
5. Motivation & supporting attachments
- Letter of motivation answering a question why you are interested in the program and why you are a suitable candidate (500 words max).
- Brief CV with your recent achievements (one page, no other special requirements for the format).
- Ranking of the ten CEMS schools you prefer for your semester abroad
- Relevant work experience and extracurricular activities may be considered.
- References are not required, but we give a possibility to submit them. Only contact details of your referees are needed from your side. You can submit your application even if you are still expecting the answer from your referees.
In reviewing applications, assessors take into account all international and transcultural experience including knowledge of languages, work or studies abroad, international or multilingual family experience and relevant extracurricular activities.
Please note that some elements of the CEMS curriculum carry an additional fee (e.g. the block seminar could cost up to € 250 and central administrative expenses could cost € 100). These fees are not related to the SSE degree and are not levied for educational resources or activities.
HOW TO APPLY IN 5 EASY STEPS
Step 1: Find the program you are interested in
SSE offers five MSc programs, a full list of them is available here. All MSc programs are 2-year programs and are conducted in English. Studying is full-time, and it is not recommended to combine the studies with other demanding activities. In order for your application to appear credible and well researched, focus on the program of your genuine interest. If you are having difficulties deciding which program suits you best, reach out to us and we would be happy to discuss this with you. If you apply for several programs, you must submit a separate application for each of them. You can only be admitted to one program, therefore it is important that you list your preferences clearly in all the applications.
It is common for applicants to hesitate between the MSc program in International Business and the MSc program in Business & Management. We encourage you to apply for both programs, but please make sure to indicate your preferences.
Step 2: Take the tests and meet the entry requirements
We require the GMAT or GRE test as well as an English language test, unless you are exempted. Make sure to take / sit the tests by the application deadline (Nov 15 or Jan 15). Your application will not be considered, if the GMAT / GRE test is required for you and you do not attach the proof that you have taken the test. You can upload your preliminary result that you get from the test center, if your official result is due after the deadline. Do not forget, however, to report the official result to SSE. We recommend to use the same e-mail address for your online application and reporting the scores, it makes the matching much easier. Check here which tests we accept and how to send the results to us.
Step 3: Fill in the online application and upload documents
The application to SSE is only submitted via our own online application portal and is free of charge. If you want to apply for more than one program, you must submit an application for each of them. Make sure the list of your preferred programs is consequent in each application - we need to know which program you prefer if you apply for several of them. You can save your application anytime and come back to it when you have the required information. Submit your application only when you feel that you have provided all the required information (including the documents that must be uploaded). No changes can be made after you submitted your application. Make sure to apply before the deadline. Late applications are not accepted.
Step 4: Assessment center
If you pass the first selection, we will invite you to the assessment center.
Applicants will be assessed based on the following CEMS-wide selection criteria:
- Intellectual potential and knowledge
- Intellectual potential
- Academic excellence
- Prior knowledge in the business field
- Attitude and soft skills
- Desire to achieve
- Interpersonal competences
- Critical thinking
- Motivation for the MIM program
- Global orientation
- Language skills
- International openness and cross-cultural aptitudes
Such an interview also offers, naturally, an occasion for you to ask questions about the program and how it could match your career goals.
Step 5: Acceptance, conditional acceptance or rejection
We do an overall assessment of all complete applications that we receive. We look at the university where you did your Bachelor's, the courses you have taken and the grades, GMAT / GRE scores, your English language skills, CV, motivation and the results of the assessment center. Please note that even though you fulfil all the application requirements, it does not mean that you are automatically admitted to the MSc program, as the number of places is limited and the competition is therefore intense.
If you apply by November 15 and your application is complete and is selected to go further in the process, we will invite you to the assessment center by the end of December. In case you are not selected in the first round, your application will automatically be considered during the second round and you might expect an invitation to the assessment center by the beginning of February. The final results will be available in mid-March and all the applicants will be notified via e-mail.
Accepted students in their last year of the Bachelor program will receive a conditional acceptance. They must be done with the Bachelor's degree by the start of the MSc program (send all the completing documents by August 20).
Due to the confidentiality of the admissions committee deliberations, we regret that feedback on rejected applications is not given.