Master Program in Economics
The program puts an emphasis on problem-solving skills that can be applied in a wide variety of settings and offers an invaluable start to your career. By using modern economic analysis and quantitative empirical methods we give you the tools to analyze complex real world problems in public policy making, as well as in private business and international organizations. You will also be well equipped to continue with PhD studies in economics.
We offer two specializations:
The specializations in Applied Economic Analysis and International Economics have a joint intake. Once accepted, you choose your specialization after completing a common first semester.
The program is best suited for students with a strong undergraduate background in economics. It demands an excellent analytical ability and the ambition to put your work to the test with the very best people in the field. All courses are given in English by internationally renowned faculty.
You will be equipped to address challenging economic problems. By means of modern economic analysis and quantitative empirical methods it will give you the tools to analyze complex real world problems in public policy making as well as in private business and in international organizations, and to continue with PhD studies in economics. If you are looking to start your career with a deep understanding of economics, this is where to begin.
Class Composition | Fall 2019
MSc in Economics
- 51 students enrolled
- GMAT range: 680-760
- GRE average: 165
- Swedes: 19
- Other nationalities: 17
- Average age: 24
Students from countries / areas other than Sweden:
China, United Kingdom, Germany, Switzerland, United States, Italy, Taiwan, France, Czech Republic, Finland, Belarus, Lithuania, Turkey, Romania, Slovakia, Austria, The Republic of Korea.
You can look forward to a wide range of possible careers. The following are examples of the types of organizations/fields that demand the kind of skills that a MSc in Economics provides:
- Banks and other financial firms
- Consultancy firms
- International organizations like the United Nations and its specialized agencies, the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund and regional development banks
- Industry organizations and associations
- Government, including ministries, central government bodies, counties, municipalities
- The foreign service, including embassies and consulates abroad
- National and international development cooperation agencies, governmental and non-governmental
- Journalism and media of all kinds
- Data Analysts in startups or tech firms
- PhD studies and academic career in economics