- Strategic Management Control
- Financial Analysis
- International Financial Reporting
- Corporate Valuation
Semester 2 (four out of seven courses)
- Financial Accounting from a Preparer Perspective
- CFO Challenges in Multinational Companies
- Advanced Financial Analysis
- Financial Communication
- Auditing, Governance and Investor Assurance
- Banks - understanding the business and its reports
- Sustainable Finance
We have learned that coverage of all key areas in accounting and financial management constitutes the best preparation for a future successful career. Accordingly, the first semester of the program is the same for all our students and cover both the corporate and the market perspective of accounting.
During the second semester you choose four out of seven courses. The choice is entirely free.
Semester 3 and 4
Master Thesis within the area of Accounting and choose one of the following opportunities:
- Electives at SSE (including courses from other SSE Master programs)
- Electives at Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship (SSES)
- Electives within the Global Network for Advanced Management (GNAM)
- Data Analytics track
- XTM: Executive Trainee Module
- CEMS MiM
- Exchange Program
- MSc - PhD Parallel Enrollment
Examples of Electives at SSE:
- Investments and Value Creation in Global Sports
- Finance for Start-Ups
- International Financial Management
- Corporate Finance
- Venture Capital and Private Equity
The second year of our program consists of one semester, where you can select from the following opportunities: apply for an exchange semester at one of our partner schools, an Executive Trainee Module or four elective courses at SSE. The other semester is dedicated for writing a Master thesis. The Master thesis can be written in the fall or spring semester.
You could choose four electives at SSE. If you take your electives during the spring, you can also choose from the the seven courses from the second semester.
During the second year you will write your Master thesis (30 ECTS) within the area of accounting where you have significant influence on the topic chosen. The Master thesis is viewed as an opportunity for you to take the first step towards a future job by choosing a subject that will lead to further specialization within one of the key areas (Financial Accounting, Management Control or Financial Analysis).
The Master thesis is written in pairs of two (2) students with a close supervision by a faculty member. You are given access to quantitative empirical data via library and IT labs. The qualitative data are usually obtained in a Swedish business context thanks to the excellent business connections of SSE. Furthermore, such cooperation could be particular valuable for you, as companies tend to consider those students for recruitment.