Data Analytics Track
The Data Analytics Track is a combination of existing courses at SSE and is open to all MSc students. Upon the successful completion of the coursework, a note regarding the completion of the Data Analytics Track will be included on the degree certificate.
Have a look at the steps below to understand what you would need to do to get the Data Analytics Track note on your degree certificate. If you have any questions regarding this track, feel free to contact our MSc admissions team directly.
Step 1: Take a preparatory course in the programming language “R".
The following courses exist to prepare you in the programming language R:
- Asset Pricing and Investments
- Empirical Methods in Finance
- Introduction to Data Analytics in R
- or follow a self-study course
Accepted self-study courses are:
- R Programming on Coursera
- R Basics on Udemy
- R introductory courses at DataCamp
- R courses from Dataquest
Step 2: Select and pass at least three courses from the list below.
Besides having the required knowledge of “R", you would also need to pass at least three of the following courses (22.5 ECTS):
- Data Science Strategy
- Data Science Analytics
- Measuring Innovation: Experimental Design
- Digital Transformation
- Applied Financial Econometrics
- Advanced Methods in Finance
- Macroeconomics and Finance
- Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis
- Applied Econometric Time Series
- Development Economics
- Industrial Organization
- Bayesian Econometrics
- Firms, Misallocation and the Macroeconomy
Please note that one of the selected courses must be a data science course (in other words: one of the two first courses from the list above needs to be taken).