APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS & TIMELINE
October 16, 2020
January 15, 2021
Last date for completing the application (receipt of supporting documentation)
February 3, 2021
February, 2021. Please note that this is only for applicants that meet all the requirements, and invitations will be sent out via emails.
Notification of Selection Results
April 20, 2021
Last date to reply to your offer
Deadline for paying application fee (if relevant)
Autumn semester starts
Note that we do not accept any late applications.
The following application materials are required:
1. Upper secondary diploma, including
- At least Mathematics 3b or 3c (high grade is favored)
- At least English 6 or equivalent (high grade is favored). If you lack the requirement of English 6 in your highschool diploma, we accept the following tests, approved by University Admissions:
- IELTS Academic
- TOEFL iBT
- Cambridge Michigan Language Assessments
- Pearson PTE Academic
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations
- English language test exemption: upper secondary school diploma conducted completely in English
More information about these tests can be found here.
- Grade point average corresponding 17.0 in the Swedish upper secondary system or IB average of 34
- Students in their last year of high school are welcome to apply and must upload a study plan including predicted grades in the application. A limited number of Conditional admissions will be offered to students graduating in 2021, who must complete with final grades and documents no later than by enrolment, August, 2021.
- All students graduating in 2021 must upload a study plan including predicted grades in the application
2. University Admission Test (either SAT or ACT)
- SAT with Essay:
You can find available test centers for the SAT in your area by filtering on the country where you’d like to do the test. Registration deadlines are usually a month before the exam. To register for an upcoming SAT, please click here (register for the SAT with Essay). In order to send the SAT scores to the Stockholm School of Economics, students must use College Board code 7659, either when registering for the SAT or via their account after registration. Click here to read more.
- ACT with Essay:
You can find available test centers in your area, plus information on how to register to the ACT here. In order to send ACT scores directly to the Stockholm School of Economics, students must use the ACT College Code 9095.
There is not a cut-off minimum score for the tests; high score is favoured. The applications will be assessed holistically, taking into consideration your High School Diploma, your SAT/ACT results, your motivation letter and CV.
3. Motivation letter & CV
- Letter of motivation
A short letter, 300-500 words, describing why you are interested in the Business and Economics program and why you are a suitable candidate
This should include relevant experience, education, volunteer experience and extracurricular activities. Please note that we do not expect you to have an extended resume, but this is your opportunity to show us how you present yourself
Am I eligible?
It is University Admissions that assesses your qualifications, once you have submitted an application.
They provide an assessment manual for qualifications from different countries, however in Swedish. You may be able to translate the information relevant to you.
They also provide some useful specific information on what is required for qualifications from certain countries. Have a look here!
How should I apply?
1. APPLY VIA UNIVERSITYADMISSIONS.SE
Submit your application to UniversityAdmissions.se. All documentation should be uploaded with your application. The Stockholm School of Economics does not accept any applications nor documents sent directly to the school. Read more about the instructions for international Bachelor’s applicants here.
2. RESPOND TO ANY REQUESTS BY SSE REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION
If any additional steps are required related to your application, our BSc Admissions Team will notify you. Please note however, SSE will not comment on your qualifications as this is conducted by UniversityAdmissions.se.
3. ACCEPTANCE OF AN OFFER
If you receive an offer of admission, you will need to respond to this by May, 2021 (exact date TBA).