Application Requirements & Timeline
October 16, 2021
January 15, 2022
Last date for completing the application at University Admissions (receipt of supporting documentation)
February 1, 2022
February 2022. Please note that this is only for applicants that meet all the requirements, and invitations will be sent out via email.
Notification of Selection Results
April 16, 2022
Last date to reply to your offer
May 3, 2022
Deadline for paying the application fee (if relevant)
Autumn semester starts
August 23, 2022
Note that we do not accept any late applications.
How should I apply?
1. APPLY VIA UNIVERSITYADMISSIONS.SE
Submit your application to UniversityAdmissions.se. All documentation should be uploaded with your application. The Stockholm School of Economics does not accept any applications nor documents sent directly to the school. Read more about the instructions for international Bachelor’s applicants here.
2. RESPOND TO ANY REQUESTS BY SSE REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION
If any additional steps are required related to your application, our BSc Admissions Team will notify you. Please note however, SSE will not comment on your qualifications as this is conducted by UniversityAdmissions.se.
3. ACCEPTANCE OF AN OFFER
If you receive an offer of admission, you will need to respond to this by May, 2021 (exact date TBA).
The following application materials are required:
1. Upper Secondary Diploma, including
- At least Mathematics 3b or 3c (high grade is favored).
If you are an IB student and have passed Mathematics, you meet this requirement through your IB Diploma regardless of your study level (SL/HL).
- At least English 6 or equivalent (high grade is favored).
If you are an IB student and have passed English, you meet this requirement through your IB Diploma regardless of your study level (SL/HL).
You also meet this requirement if you have an Upper Secondary School Diploma (High School Diploma) conducted completely in English.
If you lack the requirement of English 6 in your High School diploma, we accept the following tests, approved by University Admissions:
- IELTS Academic (Overall score of 6.5 and no section below 5.5)
- TOEFL iBT Paper-based (Score of 4.5 (scale 1-6) in written test, total score of 575)
- TOEFL iBT Internet-based (Score of 20 (scale 0-30) in written test, total score of 90)
- Cambridge Michigan Language Assessments
- Pearson PTE Academic (Score of 62 (writing 61))
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations
Either of these:
C1 Advanced (CAE). Minimum score 180 (points awarded since 2015)
Cambridge English certificate level C1. Minimum score 180
Cambridge English: Advanced
More information about English requirements and tests can be found here.
- GPA (Grade point average) corresponding to 17.0 (out of 20) in the Swedish upper secondary system or an IB average score of 34. More information can be found here. Specific information for IB students can be found here.
Please note: your grades will be properly converted by UniversityAdmissions.se after your application to them is submitted.
- Students graduating from high school in 2021 are welcome to apply but must upload a study plan including predicted grades and previous grades in the application. Exactly how this is done depends on which country you are from. Make sure to check what applies to your country here.
A limited number of Conditional admissions will be offered to students graduating in 2021, who must complete with final grades and documents no later than by enrolment, August 2021.
2. University Admission Test (either SAT, ACT or TSA)
- SAT (Essay not required):
You can find available test centers for the SAT in your area by filtering on the country where you’d like to do the test. Registration deadlines are usually a month before the exam. To register for an upcoming SAT, please click here. In order to send the SAT scores to the Stockholm School of Economics, students must use College Board code 7659, either when registering for the SAT or via their account after registration. Click here to read more.
- ACT (Essay not required):
You can find available test centers in your area, plus information on how to register to the ACT here. In order to send ACT scores directly to the Stockholm School of Economics, students must use the ACT College Code 9095.
TSA (Writing Task not required):
If you plan to apply to the University of Cambridge or Oxford and are taking the TSA Cambridge or TSA Oxford on November 5th, you can share the results with us when you get in in January.
There is not a cut-off minimum score for the tests; high score is favored. The applications will be assessed holistically, taking into consideration your High School Diploma, your SAT/ACT/TSA results, your motivation letter and CV.
Please do not upload SAT/ACT/TSA results at UniversityAdmissions.se but instead include them when you send us Letter of Motivation & CV at hhs.fullfabric.com
3. Motivation letter & CV
- Letter of motivation
A short letter, 300-500 words, describing why you are interested in the program and why you are a suitable candidate.
This should include relevant experience, education, volunteer experience and extracurricular activities. Please note that we do not expect you to have an extended resume, but this is your opportunity to show us how you present yourself.
Please do not upload Letter of Motivation & CV at UniversityAdmissions.se but instead, send them to us at hhs.fullfabric.com
AM I ELIGIBLE?
It is University Admissions that assesses your qualifications, once you have submitted an application.
They provide an assessment manual for qualifications from different countries, however in Swedish. You may be able to translate the information relevant to you.
They also provide some useful specific information on what is required for qualifications from certain countries. Have a look here!