Vacancy open: Research Assistant at SITE
Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics (SITE) is an independent research institute at the Stockholm School of Economics with 10 researchers and 4 staff members. Established in 1989, SITE has become a leading research and policy centre on economic development in low- and middle-income countries, with a particular emphasis on Eastern Europe, and is recognized as one of the TOP 100 leading economic think-tanks in the world. Beyond research we have a strong policy component, serving as a bridge between the academic community and policy makers and we are also engaged in institutional development of international research capacity. As part of that we are members of the FREE network, a network of research institutions in Eastern Europe.
What we need
SITE is now looking to hire a research assistant to help with the research and policy work of our institution. The position is preferably full time, but part time is possible. The main components of the work description are:
- Helping SITE faculty with research and policy projects. This includes primarily collecting, organizing and analyzing data, and summarizing research fields and/or policy debates in written format.
- Language (in English) and style editing of regularly published policy briefs.
- Helping out with practical matters during SITE events, such as conferences and seminars. This also includes taking notes and help with writing summaries of said events.
- Helping SITE communications staff with information for web-based policy projects.
- A solid education and understanding of economics. Minimum requirement is a completed bachelor’s degree with concentration in economics, but preferably a master’s degree.
- Solid skills and experience in working with data collection and analysis, including good computer skills working with STATA/R/Excel.
- Fluent in spoken and written English, with good enough language skills to provide language editing support. Fluency in Swedish is strongly desired and additional language skills a plus, in particular in Russian or other Slavic languages.
- A strong work ethic and essential non-cognitive skills required to be a productive addition to the SITE team.
What we can offer:
- A competitive salary and flexible working conditions.
- An intellectually stimulating work environment in a dynamic and highly international research institute located at the Stockholm School of Economics in the center of Stockholm.
- Ample opportunities to learn skills, develop contacts and polish the CV for someone considering getting a Ph. D. in economics or an international or national career as an economist.
Send us your CV
Start date is flexible but ideally on August 1. To receive full consideration, submit your application by June 1, 2020, and be ready for an interview (probably through Zoom) in the end of that week if you are selected. Please include your CV, a grade transcript, and an application letter and send your package to Dominick.email@example.com.
For questions about the position in detail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.