Our education aims to foster students’ managerial and leadership skills. Key to achieving this is a mixture of theory, practice, skills and reflection. The education is built on a strong foundation of a diverse set of management and organization theories. We put these theories in practical use, through a focus on Live Learning, where students spend time in organizations dealing with real problems. Skills training is integrated into many of our courses, such as presentation skills, teamworking skills and project management skills. Finally, we aim to foster leadership skills through students’ critical reflection on their own learning.
- BE101: Management 1
- BE102: Management 2
- BE153 Management: Consulting and Change
- BE802: Global Challenges 2
- 768 Luxury Goods and Art in the market
- BE905 Leading Teams: Advanced Project Management
- BE915: First-time Manager: Leading Yourself and Others
- BE916: Human Resource Management for Diversity
- BE917: Decision Making for Individuals and Organizations
- BE151: Degree Project in Management
- NDH303: Management & Organization
MBA & Executive Education
The Department of Management and Organization plays a leading role in the SSE MBA Program. It is a small and exclusive program in General Management with real learning, broadened perspectives and professional development with impact as its core principles. The education is delivered in an executive format, designed to enable working managers and professionals to combine work and studies. This gives participants a chance to learn more and simultaneously apply what they learn while providing a benefit and return to their sponsoring organizations.
Read more about the program here.
The Department of Management and Organization is also involved in the SSE Executive Education, which provides organizations and their leaders with new knowledge, new ways of thinking and new tools to successfully drive their organizations into the future. With academic research as its foundation and close cooperation with the market, it offers a wide choice of open programs directed at individuals as well as programs tailored for companies and organizations.
PhD Program & Courses
- PhD116 - Organization Theory: Contemporary Approaches
- PhD127 - Developing Teaching Excellence
- PhD219 - SSE PhD Seminar Series
- PhD224 - Publishing in Peer-reviewed Journals
- PhD230 - An Introduction to Constructivist Market Studies
- PhD308 - Qualitative Research in Accounting and Finance
- PhD607 - Methods for Empirical Analysis l
- PhD825 - Academic Writing