Tests that we accept
Should you have any specific questions regarding the required tests, feel free to contact us or check our FAQ section.
HOW TO REPORT SCORES
Report your test scores via your test center or order them online. You can use the following codes to find our programs easily:
1. TOEFL 8175
2. IELTS Stockholm School of Economics
- 8175 MSc programs
- 7016 PhD programs
4. GMAT (sending your score to one program suffices):
- MFV-98-23 MSc in Business & Management
- MFV-98-02 MSc in Accounting and Financial Management
- MFV-98-26 MSc in Finance
- MFV-98-12 MSc in Economics
- MFV-98-44 MSc in International Business
- MFV-98-51 PhD programs
We recommend using the same e-mail address for signing up for your tests and our application platform, it will help to avoid the mistakes of matching the scores with your application. Also pay attention to how you spell your name, especially if it contains specific characters (ß, ü, ö, ä, å etc.) or if you have several names or last names.
TOEFL iBT® Test
TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language. The test is designed to measure the English proficiency of non-English speaking people and is divided into four sections: Listening, reading, speaking and writing.
More than 27 million people from all over the world have taken the TOEFL test to demonstrate their English-language proficiency. The average English skill level ranges between intermediate and advanced. Who takes the TOEFL test?
- Students planning to study at a higher education institution
- English-language learning program admissions and exit
- Scholarship and certification candidates
- English-language learners who want to track their progress
- Students and workers applying for visas
To meet the needs of students who are unable to take the TOEFL iBT® test at a test center we are also accepting the TOEFL iBT Home Edition. It is the same TOEFL iBT test you would take at a test center, just taken from the privacy of your own home and monitored online by a human proctor. Read more here.
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s most popular high stakes English-language test for study, work and migration, with more than 2 million tests taken in the last year.
IELTS assesses all of your English skills — reading, writing, listening and speaking — and is designed to reflect real life use of English — at study, at work, and at play.
IELTS is the most widely accepted English language test that uses a one-on-one speaking test to assess your English communication skills. This means that you are assessed by having a real-life conversation with a real person. This is the most effective and natural way of testing your English conversation skills.
IELTS at a test center
If you take IELTS at a test center, you can request to send your IELTS results to a maximum of five organisations free of charge. You can request for your test centre to send your results to your chosen organisations.
If you take IELTS Online, you can send your IELTS results to as many organisations as you wish, with no additional fee. IELTS Online results are provided in an electronic format.
The GRE® General Test
The GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) is a standardized test taken by students who are applying to graduate courses or programs. The GRE test features question types that closely reflect the kind of thinking you'll do in graduate or business school.
- Verbal Reasoning — Measures your ability to analyze and evaluate written material and synthesize information obtained from it, analyze relationships among component parts of sentences and recognize relationships among words and concepts.
- Quantitative Reasoning — Measures problem-solving ability, focusing on basic concepts of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and data analysis.
- Analytical Writing — Measures critical thinking and analytical writing skills, specifically your ability to articulate and support complex ideas clearly and effectively.
The at home version of the GRE test is a permanent offering and students around the world can take advantage of it. The at home test is identical to a test taken at a test center and taken on your own computer at home or another secure location.
Beginning September 22, 2023, the GRE testing time will be reduced by half, from nearly four hours to just under two, and the official score turnaround time will reduce from 10-15 days to 8-10 days. The scores and the way you send them to us remain unchanged.
The GMAT® Exam
Graduate business school is a big decision. Be sure you are making the right choice by taking the exam that showcases your skills to admissions professionals and prepares you for day one in the classroom.
The GMAT is the Graduate Management Admission Test, a standardized assessment required by the vast majority of business schools because it provides a measure of an applicant’s academic ability. Click here to find out how long it takes to prepare yourself for the GMAT. The GMAT measures skills that are important to business and management programmes but does not involve any business knowledge. Explore this page to learn more about the GMAT content and structure.
Resources to help you: