Open Rank Faculty Position in Digital Innovation/Information Systems at The House of Innovation
Stockholm School of Economics Announces an Open Rank Faculty Position in Digital Innovation/Information Systems at the House of Innovation
The Stockholm School of Economics (SSE) is a leading Northern European business school. Enjoying a strong international reputation, the School is known for its ability to attract outstanding students and scholars from across the globe. World-class research forms the foundation of our educational offering, which includes Bachelor, Master, PhD, MBA, and executive programs. About 1800 students (excluding executive programs) are enrolled at SSE. Programs are developed in close cooperation with the business and research communities, providing graduates with a solid basis for attaining leading positions in a broad range of organizations, as well as for business venturing. The School is accredited by EQUIS, certifying that all of its principal activities maintain the highest international standards, and is the only Swedish member institution of the worldwide business school alliances CEMS and PIM, contributing to the high level of quality for which SSE is known.
Position and Environment
The House of Innovation (HOI) at the Stockholm School of Economics (SSE) currently invites applications for an open rank faculty position in Digital Innovation/Information Systems. Applicants are expected to engage in both research and teaching in the area. The position is open rank, and we primarily aim to fill the position at tenured associate or full professor level, but we also encourage strong tenure track candidates to apply.
Candidates are expected to have strong qualities in both research and teaching. In research, the successful candidate should exhibit the ability to publish in top-tier, peer-reviewed, international journals, as evidenced by a promising research and publication pipeline, a presence in the international research community, and publications in leading journals (if available). In teaching, experience from designing and delivering courses, as well as from coaching student projects, is considered a merit. Candidates will be expected to interact and collaborate with faculty from other disciplines and to exercise intellectual leadership in their discipline. An ideal starting date for successful applicants is Fall 2023, but we are open to discussing other dates. Salaries are competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and are set on an individual basis.
For open rank candidates on associate or full professor level, hiring can be linked to evaluation for tenure (associate professor level) or promotion (full professor).
Qualified candidates should hold a doctoral degree or must have completed this degree before taking up the position. Candidates are expected to have strong qualities in both research and teaching, commensurate with their level of experience. In research, the successful candidate should exhibit a research track record, as evidenced by publications in well-reputed scientific journals, a presence in the international research community, and a strong research and publication pipeline. In teaching, candidates should show documented evidence of high quality teaching. Teaching experience at different levels (undergraduate, graduate and executive) as well as experience coaching student projects is considered a merit.
We are particularly interested in candidates conducting research on digital innovation and information systems, including, but not limited to, digital platforms and ecosystems; behavioral, organizational and strategic aspects of AI and advanced algorithms, including the future of work, design, development and use of information systems; and competitive as well as organizational transformation processes through digital resources.
To apply, please submit a formal application via the SSE Varbi online platform (https://ssehoi.com/z6l), including:
- 1. A cover letter articulating the candidate’s fit with the position description, including research interests and teaching experience.
- A curriculum vitae.
- A separate document listing published articles and articles submitted to journals.
- Copies of representative research.
- Names and contact information for three persons willing to provide references.
Complete applications must be received through the Varbi platform by September 30th, 2022 (CEST).
The House of Innovation will host campus visits by invitation in the fall/winter 2022 if the Covid-19 situation allows. If not, job-talks will be held online.
About the House of Innovation (HOI)
The House of Innovation offers an excellent, inter-disciplinary research, education and outreach environment focused on innovation, digitalization and entrepreneurship (https://www.hhs.se/en/research/research-houses/house-of-innovation/). HOI collaborates with a broad, influential network of academics, corporations, government agencies, and civil society actors, with the aim to contribute to the advancement of Swedish society and of the international community. HOI currently has an international staff of 15 tenured and 13 tenure-track professors, 22 PhD students and 32 research fellows and postdocs.
HOI faculty members regularly publish in top academic journals, including Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Management, MIS Quarterly, Journal of Business Venturing, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Management Science, Organization Studies, Journal of Management Studies, Information Systems Research, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Research Policy and Harvard Business Review. They serve on editorial boards, in editorial positions, and in academic leadership positions. They frequently receive substantial grants from leading Swedish and European funding institutions to conduct state-of-the-art research, and serve on national and international policy committees, thus contributing to the shaping of society and of innovation ecosystems.
The benefits of becoming a faculty member at HOI include, but are not limited to:
- Tapping into cross-disciplinary expertise in innovation, entrepreneurship, information systems and operations improvement.
- Teaching highly talented and motivated students/participants, from undergraduate to master and doctoral levels, as well as in MBA and Executive Education programs. Our master programs are ranked 8th (Management) and 20th (Finance) in the world by Financial Times. SSE Executive Education is ranked 10th in the world for open programs and 1st in Northern Europe by FT. Our admissions processes are highly selective.
- Working in a young, dynamic, international, diverse environment. Recent faculty hires to SSE come from environments such as London Business School, Bocconi, Harvard U, Kellogg/Northwestern U, New York University, HKUST, RSM among others.
- Being part of, and contributing to, the Stockholm entrepreneurial and innovation ecosystem in a wide and comprehensive way. HOI hosts the academic Department of Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Technology, the Jacob and Marcus Wallenberg Center for Innovative and Sustainable Business Development, the Scania Center for Innovation and Operational Excellence, The Garden – Center for Design and Leadership, The Center for Family Enterprise, CDA – the Center for Data Analytics, the MISUM Research Platform Sustainable Business Development through Entrepreneurship and Innovation, and Swedish Center for Digital Innovation, Stockholm (SCDI Sthlm). We also run the SSE Business Lab start-up incubator and coordinate SSE’s involvement in the Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship (SSES), a consortium with the six major universities in Stockholm providing innovation and entrepreneurship education across the wider Stockholm area and beyond.
- Leveraging the extensive and active network of corporate partners of SSE to conduct relevant empirical research and joint projects. The SSE Corporate Partners network includes the large majority of leading Swedish multinational companies, such as Ericsson, H&M, Scania and Electrolux, as well as international organizations, such as McKinsey & Company, PwC, ABB and IBM.
More about the House of Innovation can be found at: https://www.hhs.se/en/research/research-houses/house-of-innovation/.
About the Stockholm School of Economics (SSE)
The Stockholm School of Economics is ranked as the top business school in the Nordic and Baltic countries and enjoys a strong international reputation. World-class research forms the foundation of our educational offering, which includes Bachelor, Master, PhD, MBA, and Executive Education programs. Through creativity and collaboration, the Stockholm School of Economics provides an environment where ambitious students and accomplished researchers meet to address contemporary challenges within business and economics, particularly those concerning sustainability, diversity and innovation.
Apart from delivering world-class education within business and economics, SSE students are trained to be successful decision-makers and leaders of the future. https://www.hhs.se/en/about-us/organization/mission-and-vision/
SSE is committed to a balanced gender distribution and values a variety of backgrounds and experiences among our employees. We, therefore, welcome all applicants regardless of their gender, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or other beliefs.
More about SSE can be found at: https://www.hhs.se/en/
Should you have any questions regarding this call, please contact: