Addressing the impact of war on human capital and higher education in Ukraine
In this event, the spotlight was on the critical theme of war's impact on human capital in Ukraine and higher education. Participants explored the indispensable role of human capital in shaping Ukraine's future, particularly as it aims for prosperity within the European Union.
A key focus was the Kyiv School of Economics (KSE), hailed for its pivotal role in educating Ukraine's future leaders and providing essential policy analysis amid the challenges of war. Alongside SITE and the Stockholm School of Economics (SSE), KSE showcased initiatives supporting Ukrainian students and academics, stressing the necessity of investing in human potential.
Representatives from Swedfund and the Nordic Ukraine Forum emphasized the importance of fostering collaborations and seizing opportunities in Ukraine. The event underscored the collective effort required to preserve and nurture Ukrainian human capital, crucial for successful post-war reconstruction.
Video recording & photos
- Tymofiy Mylovanov, President of the Kyiv School of Economics
- Nataliia Shapoval, Chairman of the Kyiv School of Economics Institute
- Alina Zubkovych, Head of Nordic Ukraine Forum and Visiting Professor from KSE
- Katarina Hägg, Chief Executive Officer of SSE Executive Education
- Anders Olofsgård, Deputy Director of SITE
- Stefan Falk, Director of Swedfund Project Accelerator
- Volodymyr Kykot, student representative from SSE
- Alina Kotliarova, student representative from SSE
- Lesia Rublevska, student representative from SSE
- Torbjörn Becker, Director at SITE
Photo: Dominick Nilsson