Vacancy: three two-year postdoctoral positions at House of Innovation
The Swedish Center for Digital Innovation (SCDI) focuses on research in digital innovation, digital transformation, and digital entrepreneurship. A total of 9 postdoctoral positions will be established across SCDI, three of which at the House of Innovation. Postdocs at all three SCDI nodes will be expected to explore collaboration opportunities across the nodes.
The House of Innovation is an interdisciplinary research, education, and outreach environment at SSE. It produces scientifically based knowledge about innovation, digitalization, and entrepreneurship relevant to academics, corporations, government agencies, civil society actors, and individuals. At the House of Innovation, we offer a unique context for close collaboration between researchers and practitioners to help address challenges in practice and advance new theory.
We are particularly interested in recruiting postdocs within research areas represented across the following research themes:
- Digital transformation: Digital transformation processes and practices in incumbent firms, disruptive transformation of ecosystems and industries, platform-based ecosystems, etc.
- Digital government: digitalization of the public sector, open government, transformation of public services, digital healthcare, etc.
- Business consequences of AI and advanced analytics: implications of AI for strategy, decision-making and organizing, algorithmic work, etc.
Candidates must, at the time of assuming the position, hold a Ph.D. in Information Systems or a closely related discipline (including Technology and Innovation Management, Entrepreneurship, Strategy or Organizational Behavior). Ideal candidates should exhibit excellent potential for publishing in top-tier international journals, as evidenced by a strong research and publication pipeline, presence in the international research community, and/or publications in leading journals (if available).
How to apply
To apply for a postdoctoral position with SCDI at House of Innovation, Stockholm School of Economics, you must register an account in our online recruitment system and start your application by clicking the button "Apply." It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the job advertisement and that it is submitted before the deadline. The selection of candidates is made based on the qualifications registered in the application. The following documents are to be attached:
- A cover letter articulating the candidate’s qualifications and fit with the position, including research interests and a brief statement of research plans. Please also address how your work fits within SCDI and the House of Innovation, as well as your ambitions related to SCDIs vision.
- A curriculum vitae (including previous and present employment and academic background)
- A separate document listing both published articles (if any), articles submitted to journals, and working papers (with status indication). Papers enclosed with the application should be marked with an asterisk (*).
- Copies of representative research (PDF).
- Degrees and diplomas, certificates, or other documents (copy of degree certificates, etc.)
- Names and contact information for three persons willing to provide references.
Postdoctoral positions are in general intended for recent PhD graduates. We primarily look for candidates with a degree from the last three years; we will of course consider extended timelines due to circumstances such as military duty, parental leave or similar.
If you are also interested in positions at the SCDI nodes in Gothenburg and/or Umeå, please apply separately at each node. Please also indicate parallel applications in your cover letter to each node.
About Swedish Center for Digital Innovation
Swedish Center for Digital Innovation (SCDI) is a research center consisting of scholars from the University of Gothenburg, Umeå University, and Stockholm School of Economics. SCDI's vision is to be internationally recognized as an excellent research environment in the field of digital innovation. It offers a unique context for orchestrating close collaboration between researchers, students, and practitioners to help address challenges in practice as well as advance new theory. Academic excellence, educational engagement, and societal impact are thus at the heart of its mission.
About the SSE House of Innovation
The House of Innovation is an interdisciplinary research, education, and outreach environment at SSE. It produces scientifically based knowledge about innovation, digitalization, and entrepreneurship relevant to academics, corporations, government agencies, civil society actors, and individuals. In doing so, it interacts with an international network of scholars and academic institutions, as well as with corporate and institutional funders. The House encompasses the Department of Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Technology, the Jacob and Marcus Wallenberg Center for Innovative and Sustainable Business Development, the Scania Center for Innovation and Operational Excellence, The Garden – Center for design and Leadership, Center for Data Analytics, and the Stockholm node of the Swedish Center for Digital Innovation.
Faculty members regularly publish in top academic journals, including MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Research, Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Management, Journal of Business Venturing, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Management Science, Organization Studies, Journal of Management Studies, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Research Policy and Harvard Business Review. They serve on editorial boards, in editorial positions, and in academic leadership positions. They frequently receive substantial grants from leading Swedish and European funding institutions to conduct state-of-the-art research, and serve on national and international policy committees, thus contributing to the shaping of society and of innovation ecosystems.
Benefits of working at HOI include:
- Tapping into cross-disciplinary expertise in innovation, entrepreneurship, information systems and operations improvement.
- Working in a young, dynamic, international, diverse environment. Recent faculty hires to SSE come from environments such as Columbia University, London Business School, Bocconi, New York University, HKUST, RSM, among others.
- Being part of, and contributing to, the Stockholm entrepreneurial and innovation ecosystem in a wide and comprehensive way.
- Leveraging the extensive and active network of corporate partners of SSE to conduct relevant empirical research and joint projects.
About the Stockholm School of Economics
The Stockholm School of Economics is ranked as the top business school in the Nordic and Baltic countries and enjoys a strong international reputation. World-class research forms the foundation of our educational offering, which includes Bachelor, Master, PhD, MBA, and Executive Education programs. Through creativity and collaboration, the Stockholm School of Economics provides an environment where ambitious students and accomplished researchers meet to address contemporary challenges within business and economics, particularly those concerning sustainability, diversity, and innovation.
Apart from delivering world-class education within business and economics, SSE students are trained to be successful decision-makers and future leaders. Over the years, our educational mission has strengthened SSE students, and you can read more about it here.
SSE is committed to a balanced gender distribution and values a variety of backgrounds and experiences among our employees. We, therefore, welcome all applicants regardless of their gender, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion, or other beliefs.
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||September 1, 2021, unless otherwise agreed|
|Salary||According to agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100% (non-regulated working hours)|
|Last application date||31.Mar.2021 11:59 PM CET|