The goals of the Outreach Program include:
- To raise awareness of innovation and sustainable business development internationally and highlight Swedish companies with a global reach who lead in these two areas
- To engage in discussions about the vital role of corporations in dealing with significant social and environmental challenges, with a focus on future strategy and actions
- To establish an arena where industry and academia come together to share research-based knowledge and sustainable global business strategies
- To foster interaction between SSE students and top companies, helping students to further understand and appreciate the cutting-edge work done by many international companies in the areas of innovation and sustainable business
Some of the activities that make part of this outreach program are:
- A premium high-level forum at SSE including keynote speakers from both academia and business, and breakout sessions around an annual theme.
Roundtable sessions on sustainable innovation
- Discussion sessions in small size (15-20 participants) led by moderators from the School in combination with for example, Jacob or Marcus Wallenberg.
- Themes are selected on the basis of the research program.
Participate in the International Business Master's program at SSE
- Students can write a report, present it to a panel consisting of representatives of the participating companies. They can also be a part of live cases.
- Participating companies provide internships for IB students.
- Every two years, one of our professors can write a case from the research program featuring one of the participating companies.
- The case will be used in teaching (and to reach out to the broader public and can be used for policy purposes).