Michael Treschow Scholarship
About the scholarship
The growing adoption of Design Thinking highlights the willingness of organizations to develop new products and services that focus on what is desirable to users and what makes their experience more meaningful.
By supporting the personal and professional development of a talented design thinker in the making, the Michael Treschow Scholarship intends to foster the integration of design, leadership and innovation.
These disciplines represent the foundations of the research, teaching and outreach activities that are performed at The Garden – Center for Design and Leadership. At the heart of the Garden, which is part of the House of Innovation at the Stockholm School of Economics, is the notion that the fundamental challenges that the world is facing today require a radical transformation of the way leaders practice leadership. A new model of leadership is required. One that finds inspiration from design thinking, in order to help leaders shape a more meaningful and sustainable future.
For these reasons, the Michael Treschow Scholarship is an integral part of The Garden’s portfolio of initiatives. Not only will the awardee receive financial support to develop his/her skills in design and in its application to business challenges but will also be given the opportunity to contribute to relevant research projects and training activities at The Garden. By becoming an active member of the House of Innovation, the winner will have the chance to interact with leading academics in the field, with representatives from the industry, policymakers, and ambitious students, to create new knowledge, managerial tools and policy recommendations.
- The applicants must have completed their Bachelor´s program or equivalent education within a relevant field, and intend to start or already have started studying at Master’s level. Applicants who have already completed their Master's program are NOT eligible.
- At least one of the programs should be at a Swedish University. (Bachelor or equivalent, or the Master-level program.)
- The applicants’ portfolio should be based on their collected work, and display a mix of boldness, innovation and desire to further expand skills in the Design Thinking area. They must also demonstrate a commitment to social awareness and sustainability.
- The selected applicant must have availability to attend the award ceremony, potential interviews with journalists, and provide information for the website and media materials.
- Letter of motivation, explaining how the program you are taking (or plan to take) relates to design thinking, why you are applying for the scholarship, and a reflection on how you will use your background in design to lead people, innovate and create a positive impact.
- Digital portfolio, including their top four works and with a size limit of 4 MB.