New MSc Students 2021
Before the start of the program
In need of an admission letter? Just let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send it to you.
Networking events and pre-departure meetings
Due to COVID-19, our network mingles and pre-departure events will be organized entirely online. Click here to see the list of our upcoming events. We have also created MS Teams for you to communicate with your future classmates, all admitted students have received an invitation.
Get in touch with us
Are you an international student and have you newly been admitted to SSE? We are here to answer any questions you might have and help you in your decision-making process. You can book an online meeting with us.
At SSE we have a small housing office that offers rooms and apartments to some of our international Master students. Click here to view the available options. The application period is March 22 - April 4. The application link has been emailed to the admitted students.
Registration to the program is done online. The registration form will be open from July 22 to August 22, you will get the link via email. You are required to fill in the form, upload a signed version of the student pledge, and confirm that you are done with your Bachelor's program. When you come to SSE and your program for the first time, you are required to show your ID and pick up your login details to the SSE Portal.
Questions regarding COVID-19?
If you want to know how SSE is dealing with COVID-19, click here.
Webinars for newly admitted MSc students
Did you miss any of our webinars this spring? No worries, you can watch the recordings here:
Confirm that you are done with your Bachelor's degree
If your Bachelor's degree is not from SSE:
- Before you enroll in our MSc program, we need to confirm that you are done with your Bachelor's degree.
- Prepare and scan (if you do not hold already a verified digital copy) in a good quality the original of your Bachelor's diploma and your official Bachelor’s transcript. If the language of the original is not English/Swedish, you should also prepare a translation by an authorized translation agency. You will be required to upload the documents in the program registration form that opens in August.
- It is beneficial if your university issues documents that can be verified online.
- If you are finishing your Bachelor's program in 2021, and therefore do not hold a diploma yet, make sure to submit a certificate from your home university that you are done with all the Bachelor's program requirements. Then submit the original of your Bachelor's diploma and your official Bachelor’s transcript latest by December 15.
- Your university can also email to us directly your documents, if that is the routine at your university, or if they have a delay in issuing the printed documents due to COVID-19.
For SSE BSc students or graduates:
- You must be done with all the BSc courses required for the degree by the start of the program. We will check your eligibility prior to the registration.
- Attach in the registration form your Degree Certificate or current transcript of records if you have not received the certificate yet (you can download it from SSE Portal).
- Apply for your SSE BSc Degree Certificate before September 10 2021, if you would like to participate in the graduation ceremony. If you do not plan to attend the ceremony, December 15 is the latest date to apply for the Degree Certificate.
The programs start with an introduction on August 25. During the first three days, you will complete your registration, be introduced to the academic aspects of your studies, and meet your fellow students, as well as the professors and staff. Please note that the introduction is mandatory for all students. The courses start on August 30.
Student Association at SSE (SASSE) is organizing the social activities during the first days, do not miss all the fun!
Would you like to learn Swedish before your studies begin?
Then download the app “Learning Swedish” now! This app has been developed in Sweden by the Swedish Institute, a public agency, together with a group of experienced Swedish teachers and partners. "Learning Swedish" is a free course in Swedish course for beginners with material for self-study aimed at adult learners.
It is your fast track to learning Swedish wherever you live. The course gives basic spoken and written knowledge of the Swedish language, as well as an insight into Swedish culture and society. All instructions are given in English. Once you have downloaded the app, it is also available offline:
In addition, feel free to check out the following Swedish courses as well: