New MSc students 2024
Before the start of the studies
In need of an admissions letter? Just let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send it to you.
Virtual pre-departure events with the MSc admissions team
During the spring, we will organize a lot of events that will help you to prepare yourself for the next adventure. All events will be announced on this page.
Get in touch with us
We are here to answer any questions you might have and help you in your decision-making process. Feel free to reach out to book an online meeting with us.
At SSE we have a small housing office that offers rooms and apartments to some of our international Master students. Click here to view the available options. The application period will be in March and you will be notified via email.
Student residence permit
If you need a student residence permit in order to travel to and commence your studies in Sweden, you can submit the application digitally through the Swedish Migration Board's website. You need to apply for the residence permit as soon as possible, latest by June 1, 2024. Detailed information about what documents you need to submit and how to apply can be found here.
The pre-registration to the program is done online. The pre-registration form will be open from June 1, 2024 to August 20, 2024 and you will get the link via email. You are required to fill in the form, upload a signed version of the student pledge, and confirm that you are done with your Bachelor's degree. When you come to SSE for the first time, you are required to show your ID and pick up your login details to be able to access the SSE portal.
Upcoming events for newly admitted MSc students
Virtual pre-departure event
March 20, 2024 | 15:00 - 16:30 CET
Student life session by SASSE
April 15, 2024 | 16:00 - 17:00 CEST
Virtual coffee chat with the MSc admissions team
May 7, 2024 | 14:00 - 15:00 CEST
Practical matters for your day-to-day life at SSE and in Sweden
June 5, 2024 | 14:00 - 15:00 CEST
The MSc introduction week starts on August 28, 2024. During the first days, you will complete your registration, be introduced to the academic aspects of your studies, and meet your fellow students, as well as the professors and staff. Please note that the introduction is mandatory for all students. The courses start on September 2, 2024.
The student association at SSE (SASSE) is organizing the social activities during the first days, so make sure that you do not miss all the fun!
SSE floor plan
SSE floor plan
Confirm that you are done with your Bachelor's degree
If your Bachelor's degree is not from SSE:
- Before you enroll in our MSc program, you need to prove that you have completed your Bachelor's program.
- Prepare and scan the original of your Bachelor's diploma and your official Bachelor’s transcript and make sure the scanned version is of good quality. Alternatively, prepare an official verifiable digital copy. If the language of the original is not English/Swedish, you should also prepare a translation by an authorized translation agency. You will be required to upload the documents in the program pre-registration form.
- If you are finishing your Bachelor's program in 2024, and therefore do not hold a diploma yet, you are required to prepare a certificate from your home university confirming that you are completely done with your Bachelor's program. You will submit this certificate in the registration form before it closes in August. Later on, once you receive your Bachelor's diploma, you need to submit it and official Bachelor’s transcript via email to the MSc admissions team latest by December 15, 2024.
- It is beneficial if your university issues documents that can be verified online.
For BSc students or graduates from SSE:
- You must be done with all the BSc courses required for the degree by the start of the Master program. We will check your eligibility prior to the registration.
- Attach your degree certificate or current transcript of records in the registration form if you have not received the certificate yet (you can download it from the SSE portal).
- Apply for your BSc degree certificate before September 13 2024, if you like to participate in the BSc graduation ceremony. If you do not plan to attend the ceremony, you would have to apply for the degree certificate no later than December 15, 2024.
Your life after having graduated from SSE
Life-long connections at SSE
Although your MSc studies haven’t started yet, we would like to highlight a few valuable sources and insights that could be interesting to review before you enrol.
At SSE, we aim to build connections that will last a lifetime. We engage our alumni in the life of the School as valued supporters, advocates, and lifelong learners who contribute to and benefit from connections.
Your career support
As a student at SSE, you will have access to a career platform with ads for part-time jobs, internships as well as jobs after graduation. The platform also lists upcoming career events, provides you with interactive tools, such as a CV lab and mock interviews and enables you to book individual coaching sessions. We will be there for you and help you to get your dream job and discuss your professional path if you need any advice. You can already now follow our career management team on Linkedin and read more about SSE's career support on the website. Don't forget to check our MSc mentorship program as well. You will gain access to the other tools and services after you enrolled as a student in the fall.
Residence in Sweden after graduation
Did you know that if you have a residence permit for studies in higher education in Sweden and have completed your studies you can get a residence permit to seek employment or explore the possibilities of starting your own business here? This residence permit is given for 12 months. Feel free to read more on the Swedish Migration Board's website or get in touch with our MSc admissions team to receive more information.
Don't miss our MSc alumni stories
While some of our alumni decide to stay in Stockholm / Sweden and work in a variety of fields and industries, some others accept job offers in their home country and move back, settle down in a brand new destination or found their own company. We strongly encourage you to check our alumni stories and who knows? Maybe you get some inspiration what you would like to work with once you're done with your studies.
Studying at SSE opens a lot of doors for you and we would love to see which path you decide to take. Welcome to SSE!