New MSc Students 2022
The MSc introduction week starts on August 24, 2022. During the first days, you will complete your registration, be introduced to the academic aspects of your studies, and meet your fellow students, as well as the professors and staff. Please note that the introduction is mandatory for all students. The courses start on August 29, 2022.
The Student Association at SSE (SASSE) is organizing the social activities during the first days, so make sure that you do not miss all the fun!
Before the start of the program
In need of an admission letter? Just let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send it to you.
Networking events and pre-departure meetings
Click here to see the list of our upcoming events. We have also created a group on Microsoft Teams for you to communicate with your future classmates. All admitted students receive an invitation.
Get in touch with us
Are you an international student and have you newly been admitted to SSE? We are here to answer any questions you might have and help you in your decision-making process. You can book an online meeting with us.
At SSE we have a small housing office that offers rooms and apartments to some of our international Master students. Click here to view the available options. The application period will be in March, you will be notified via email.
The registration to the program is done online. The registration form will be open from July 1, 2022 to August 19, 2022 and you will get the link via email. You are required to fill in the form, upload a signed version of the student pledge, and confirm that you are done with your Bachelor's program. When you come to SSE for the first time, you are required to show your ID and pick up your login details to be able to access the SSE Portal.
Questions regarding COVID-19?
If you want to know how SSE is dealing with COVID-19, click here.
Confirm that you are done with your Bachelor's degree
If your Bachelor's degree is not from SSE:
- Before you enroll in our MSc program, we need to confirm that you are done with your Bachelor's degree.
- Prepare and scan the original of your Bachelor's diploma and your official Bachelor’s transcript and make sure the scanned version is of good quality. This applies to the ones who do not aready hold a verified digital copy. If the language of the original is not English/Swedish, you should also prepare a translation by an authorized translation agency. You will be required to upload the documents in the program registration form that opens in August.
- It is beneficial if your university issues documents that can be verified online.
- If you are finishing your Bachelor's program in 2022, and therefore do not hold a diploma yet, make sure to submit a certificate from your home university that you are done with all the requirements from your Bachelor's program. Then submit the original of your Bachelor's diploma and your official Bachelor’s transcript by the latest on December 15.
- Your university can also email your documents directly to us if that is the routine at your university or if they have a delay in issuing the printed documents due to COVID-19.
For BSc students or graduates from SSE:
- You must be done with all the BSc courses required for the degree by the start of the Master program. We will check your eligibility prior to the registration.
- Attach your Degree Certificate or current transcript of records in the registration form if you have not received the certificate yet (you can download it from the SSE Portal).
- Apply for your BSc Degree Certificate before September 16, 2022, if you would like to participate in the graduation ceremony. If you do not plan to attend the ceremony, you would have to apply for the Degree Certificate no later than December 15, 2022.
Would you like to learn Swedish before your studies begin?
Then download the app “Learning Swedish” now! This app has been developed in Sweden by the Swedish Institute, a public agency, together with a group of experienced Swedish teachers and partners. "Learning Swedish" is a free course in Swedish course for beginners with material for self-study aimed at adult learners.
It is your fast track to learning Swedish wherever you live. The course gives basic spoken and written knowledge of the Swedish language, as well as an insight into Swedish culture and society. All instructions are given in English. Once you have downloaded the app, it is also available offline:
In addition, feel free to check out the following Swedish courses as well: