Go to main navigation Navigation menu Skip navigation Home page Search

Record-breaking amount of applications to SSE’s Master programs

As of January 15, 2024, the application deadline for our Master programs ended, marking a new milestone for SSE. In the most recent application cycle, we received a total of 2592 applications – a remarkable 25% increase compared to the previous year.

This accomplishment not only reflects a notable increase but also sets a significant record, as we have never before encountered such a high volume of applications in a single year. 

When looking into the specific statistics for each MSc program, the trends reveal a positive picture of increased interest:

  • MSc program in Finance
    774 applications (+33% compared to 2023)

  • MSc program in Business & Management
    609 applications (+16% compared to 2023)

  • MSc program in Economics
    453 applications (+38% compared to 2023)

  • MSc program in Accounting, Valuation & Financial Management
    387 applications (+30% compared to 2023)

  • MSc program in International Business
    369 applications (+10% compared to 2023)

Applicant pool
The applicant pool encompasses students from 92 different nationalities. Swedish applicants make up 47% of the pool, showcasing a significant national interest, while the remaining 53% comprises 1177 international applicants. Additionally, the pool exhibits a balanced gender distribution, with 41% female applicants (anything between 40 and 60 percent is the international standard for gender equality).

Over the next few weeks, applications will be assessed by the MSc admissions team and faculty members. Applicants can expect notification of results on March 15, 2024.

If you have any questions regarding MSc student recruitment, the latest application statistics, or the Master programs, please feel free to reach out to Natalia Antsiferova, Head of MSc Admissions, and Timo Jesse, Program Marketing Manager – MSc & PhD Programs.

SSE Student Recruitment Program Marketing Education MSc Admissions News