On June 1, more than 200 people will discuss gender equality – join the conversation!
On Friday, June 1, it's time for SITE Development Day 2018: Gender Equality and Economic Development – a full day conference with both speakers and participants from business, academia and government!
Development Day 2018 will focus on existing constraints but also highlight initiatives that can help to create an equal society. The conference will feature a combination of presentations and panel discussions, and there will be time for Q&A. Coffee and lunch will be served at the event, so there will also be plenty of time to network – there are already more than 200 people registered from organizations such as Sida, Stockholm University, Nordea and the Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
Some of the distinguished speakers that will speak at the event are:
- Ann Bernes, Ambassador for Gender Equality and Coordinator of Sweden’s Feminist Foreign Policy, Ministry for Foreign Affairs
- Carin Jämtin, Director General, Sida
- Raphael Espinoza, Senior Economist, IMF
- Maria Håkansson, Managing Director, Swedfund
- Paola Giuliano, Associate Professor of Economics, UCLA
- Richard Nordström, General Director, Hand in Hand
- Anne Larilahti, VP Head of Sustainability Strategy, Telia
- Michal Myck, Director, Centre for Economic Analysis
- Anna Westerholm, Sweden’s Ambassador, EU Eastern Partnership
- Charles Becker, Research Professor of Economics, Duke University
- Elsa Håstad, Director at the Department for Europe and Latin America, Sida
- Jesper Roine, Deputy Director, Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics
- ..and many more!
We look forward to an exciting day with many fruitful discussions and new insights. Register now if you want to join!
Date: June 1, 8:30 - 16:30
Place: Stockholm School of Economics, the Aula Lecture Hall. Entrance from Bertil Ohlins Gata 4 or Sveavägen 65.
RSVP: Register here