What are the existing challenges and good practices of creating an equal society?
A society is best developed if both men and women equally contribute to economic and social development, but this can only happen if men and women are given the same freedoms of choice and opportunities in education, labor markets, and in access to capital and finance – both in a legal sense and regarding social norms and practices. This year’s SITE Development Day will focus on existing constraints and also highlight initiatives trying to improve the situation.
SITE Development Day 2018 will feature a combination of presentations and panel discussions. SITE has the privilege to introduce several distinguished speakers, such as:
- Carin Jämtin, Director General, Sida
- Raphael Espinoza, Senior Economist, IMF
- Maria Håkansson, Managing Director, Swedfund
- Paola Giuliano, Associate Professor of Economics, UCLA
- Richard Nordström, General Director, Hand in Hand
- Anne Larilahti, VP Head of Sustainability Strategy, Telia
- Michal Myck, Director, Centre for Economic Analysis
- Anna Westerholm, Sweden’s Ambassador, EU Eastern Partnership
- Charles Becker, Research Professor of Economics, Duke University
- Elsa Håstad, Director at the Department for Europe and Latin America, Sida
- Jesper Roine, Deputy Director, Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics
- and many more
See the full program at the bottom of this page.
Date: June 1, 8:30 - 16:30
Location: Stockholm School of Economics, the Aula Lecture Hall. Entrance from Bertil Ohlins Gata 4 or Sveavägen 65.
Other information: Lunch and coffee will be served at the event.