Call for papers: Conference on Corporate Governance
Feb. 06, 2024
We invite submissions of papers on issues relating to corporate finance for a conference in Stockholm, on August 27-28, 2024. Submission deadline: March 31, 2024.
Several long-term trends challenge the governance of public companies, including the rise of passive institutions, the ongoing globalization of stock markets, and a decreasing number of public firms due to fewer IPOs and more delistings. Perhaps most dramatically, corporations are asked to engage more with political issues (e.g., disengaging from doing business in certain countries) and to take increasing responsibility for stakeholder groups other than shareholders.
The first conference day will feature keynote presentations and panels with leading scholars and practitioners. The program includes keynotes addresses by:
- Wei Jiang, Asa Griggs Candler Professor of Finance, Emory University
- Luigi Zingales, Robert C. McCormack Distinguished Service Professor of Entrepreneurship and Finance, University of Chicago
The second day will feature presentations of recent corporate governance research. We solicit paper submissions on corporate-governance related topics, such as (but not limited to):
- Financial performance and corporate governance
- Innovation, ESG and other non-financial effects of governance
- Private vs public company governance
- The impact of rising passive institutional ownership
- Boards and governance
- Impact and reform potential of governance standards, fiduciary duties, and legal rules
- International capital flows, globalization and corporate governance