Political Economics, Applied Microeconomics, Industrial Organization, Public Economics
- "Widening and Deepening: Reforming the European Union", with Erik Berglof, Mike Burkart and Guido Friebel, American Economic Review, Papers and Proceedings, 2008 [link to CEPR version]
- “Workers' Heterogeneity and Risk Aversion: A Segmentation Model of the Russian Labor Market”, with I. Grosfeld, C. Senik-Leygonie, T. Verdier, S. Kolenikov, Journal of Comparative Economics, June 2001
Working Papers and Work in Progress
- "Noncooperative contracting", with Tore Ellingsen (submitted)
- "Autocracy, Democratization and the Resource Curse"
- "Club-in-the-club: Reform under Unanimity", with Erik Berglof, Mike Burkart and Guido Friebel (submitted)
- "Protection for Sale to Oligopolists" (submitted)
- "Voluntariness and the Coase Theorem", with Tore Ellingsen (submitted)
- "Assessing Gas Transit Risks: Russia vs. the EU", with Chloé Le Coq, SITE Working Paper, (submitted)
- "Common Policies in a Union: the EU Energy Policy", with Chloé Le Coq
- "Protection for Sale with Substitutability: Empirical verification"