In parallel with the Research Program, an Outreach Program will include yearly activities that will provide opportunities to educate students, engage faculty and interact with international companies.
The goals of the Outreach Program include the following:
- To raise awareness of innovation and sustainable business development internationally and highlight Swedish companies with a global reach who lead in these two areas
- To engage in discussions about the vital role of corporations in dealing with significant social and environmental challenges, with a focus on future strategy and actions
- To establish an arena where industry and academia come together to share research-based knowledge and sustainable global business strategies
- To foster interaction between SSE students and top companies, helping students to further understand and appreciate the cutting-edge work done by many international companies in the areas of innovation and sustainable business
The Outreach Program may include the following activities:
- A premium high-level forum at SSE including keynote speakers from both academia and business, and breakout sessions around an annual theme.
Roundtable sessions on sustainable innovation
- Discussion sessions in small size (15-20 participants) will be led by a moderator from the School in combination with for example, Jacob or Marcus Wallenberg.
- Themes are selected on the basis of the research program. Access via lottery or other method of selection of students at the master's and doctoral level.
Participate in the International Business Master's program at SSE
- Students will write a report, present it to a panel consisting of representatives of the participating companies.
- Be a part of live cases.
- Participating companies provide internships for IB students.
- Every two years, one of our professors will write a case from the research program featuring one of the participating companies.
- The case will be used in teaching (and to reach out to the broader public and can be used for policy purposes).
- The CEO of the company featured in the case will participate in the closing seminar and case discussion.
Scholarship for the International Innovation Studies
- Two students will have the opportunity to visit a global location for one of the participating companies, and will write a report or a case and present it at the Annual Symposium.