Celebrating Football For All
Football drives emotions unlike any other sport, with deep-rooted rivalries and fans so passionate they tattoo their club's crest onto their bodies. Over the past decades, football has also grown into a major business, moving billions of euros, turning clubs into corporations and involving bankers, private equity and many other interests. What's the future of football as passion meets industry and commercialism? How do we protect tradition, while taking advantage of legitimate commercial interests? Join us at the Stockholm School of Economics (or online) to debate these issues and learn from each other.
Starttid: 2023-03-22 at 17:00
Sluttid: 2023-03-22 at 19:30
Plats: The Stockholm School of Economics or Online.
Registration/Arrivals starting at 16:30
Setting the scene: Is European football experiencing a crisis?
Highlight the current challenges confronting football, which will serve as a backdrop for the subsequent panels during the evening.
- Lars-Christer Olsson, Honorary President European Leagues and Swedish Professional Football League
- Katarina Pijetlovic, Assistant Professor, Católica Lisbon School of Law
- Kenneth Cortsen, Assistant Professor University College Nordjylland Aalborg
Rowing in the same direction: involving fans on the success of European football
Discuss supporters' role in influencing football's future and explore ways to empower fans to bring about positive change in the industry.
- Lena Gustafson Wiberg, Supporter Liaison Officer Djurgården Football
- Noa Bachner, Reporter Expressen (Leading newspaper in Sweden)
- Isak Edén, Chair Swedish Football Supporter Union (SFSU)
Shaping the Future: What will football look like in a decade?
Provide a visionary blueprint for how football can move forward to future triumphs.
- Karl-Erik Nilsson, Vice Chair UEFA and Chair of the Swedish Football Association
- Siri Wallenius, Head of International Relations, Malmö FF
- Jonas Eriksson, Investor & Former FIFA Referee
Javier Tebas, President of LaLiga
Networking and Light Refreshments for those attending in person.