DYSTENA Workshop Series: Gaining Insights into Social Media Discourse by Combining Text and Network Analyses
Recent years have seen a major shift in the way and the pace discourses and narratives are produced and diffused. As media has shifted towards digital, where anyone can produce messages with wide visibility, the new forms of communication require new tools for researchers to analyze and understand their roles in the development of norms and policies.
The CIVICA alliance and its partner institutions invite you to join a series of two zoom workshops on the dynamics of social text and network analyses. This first workshop will feature presentations and discussions on current research and applications on text analyses. Our second workshop, on network analysis, will be announced in Spring 2023.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Ambiguity and disagreement in subjective text classification, like sentiment analysis
- The role and importance of context in short text classification
- Topic modeling and evaluation
Would you like to participate in the workshop or present your recent work using text analyses? Please indicate your interest in the following registration form.
This workshop is free of charge. The deadline for registration is 15 February 2023.
- Karl Wennberg, professor, Stockholm School of Economics, scientific director of GaPP
- Mickaël Buffart, assistant professor, Stockholm School of Economics
- Paul Rosenbaum, PhD student, Uppsala University
- Carola Klöck, assistant professor, Sciences Po
- Florian Weiler, associate professor, Central European University
- Petra Kralj Novak, assistant professor, Central European University
In case of any questions, please contact Paul Rosenbaum: email@example.com