Financialization and the New Swedish Model
Background and research questions:
- What is the stability and sustainability the Swedish economy, a critical case of finance-dominated economy?
- How should we conceptualize, measure and model, in terms of investment patters and actors’ logic of action, the drivers of and preconditions for economic growth in the Swedish economy?
- What politico-economic structures and strategies enable and constrain economic policy-making the Swedish economy?
- What is the best possible interdisciplinary understanding of the conditions for an effective macro regulation of the economy?
These questions are studied through a retroductive process of surveys of academic literature, analysis of descriptive statistics and document analysis in line with critical realist philosophy.
- Sweden has undergone a significant process of financialization, disregarded or underplayed in much other academic literature, as shown in this journal article.
- Financialization has generated significant politicization of macroeconomic regulation and administrative crisis in the Swedish state, as shown in this journal article.
The project has received no particular funding.