SWEDISH CONFERENCE IN ECONOMICS, October 2-3, 2020
Welcome to the seventh Swedish conference in economics!
This year the conference is arranged by the Swedish Economic Association (Nationalekonomiska föreningen) together with the Stockholm School of Economics and it will take place on October 2-3.
The goal of the conference is to enable researchers in economics, and others interested in economic research, to meet regularly and thereby contribute to:
- increased contact between researchers in Sweden
- improved conditions for increased mobility between Swedish economics departments
- opportunities for ministries, government agencies etc. to share the latest research findings from researchers in Sweden
- giving doctoral students and recent PhDs opportunities to present themselves to potential employers
- establishing a natural forum for discussions on education and research policy in economics.
The conference starts in the morning of October 2 and ends in the afternoon of October 3 – more information will follow. The program will contain a mix of shorter and longer presentations; open both to graduate students and senior researchers, as well as poster sessions.
The award ceremony for the Assar Lindbeck medal of 2019 will take place in the afternoon of October 2.
This year’s panel session will be on evidence-based policy, including researchers and policy makers.
The conference language is English.
Presenters will be offered travel costs and lodging for up to two nights at a hotel close to the Stockholm School of Economics. All participants will be offered meals, including the conference dinner on October 2.
Abstract submission deadline is August 17, and you will be notified by the end of August on whether the paper is accepted. You can indicate whether you want a long (approx. 25 min) or short (approx. 10 min) presentation, or a poster presentation. Please submit your abstract here.
Please contact Anna Dreber Almenberg if you have any questions.