SUSTAINABLE CONSUMPTION - HOW DO WE DO IT?
On January 25 Misum arranged a seminar initiated by the strong responses to Misum’s debate article “The government misses the main issue: consumption must decrease” by Lin Lerpold and Örjan Sjöberg (DN 9/10). We gathered researchers, politicians, business and civil society members to try to crack the nut.
How can we make money without selling more? Can we consume less and still be a welfare state? What happens to global resources if we continue to consume more?
Art by Patrik Qvist
Speakers were: (find their slides to the right of this page)
- Per Bolund, Minister for Consumer Affairs
- Victor Galaz, Stockholm Resilience Center
- Elin Larsson, Filippa K
- Åsa Moberg, IVL, Swedish Environmental Research Institute
- Jens Holm, Member of Parliament from Vänsterpartiet
- Eva Eiderström, Naturskyddsföreningen
- Patrik Qvist, artist
- Joakim Sandberg, Misum and Mistra Financial Systems, SSE
- Susanne Sweet, Misum, SSE
- Lin Lerpold and Örjan Sjöberg, Misum, SSE
Find the debate article from Lin Lerpold and Örjan Sjöberg here, the answer from Per Bolund here and Jens Holm´s answer here.
Per Bolund, Minister for Consumer Affairs, presents the government strategy on sustainable consumption in the aula of Stockholm School of Economics
More about the seminar here.