Jon focus his research on operations management and operations strategy. His fields of interest are; healthcare organisation and policy, outsourcing in the service sector, geographically dispersed organisations, operations management and operations strategy.areas of interest are:
- Health system organisation and strategy
- Innovation and implementation in the health care sector
- IT-sourcing and innovation - a dilemma
- Digitalisation in the public sector
Other major projects:
- Telecommuting, organizational impact of home based telecommuting (Thesis 1999).
- Callcenters and service outsourcing.
Jon has 10 years of experience as a line manager and consultant in the private sector, focusing on operations, implementing Lean, TQM and working with organizational development. He has extensive experience from executive education, mainly linked to SSE executive education since 1999.
During 2004 - 2005 he spent 1,5 years as a visiting professor at Asian Institute of Management, Manila, studying the business process outsourcing sector in south-east Asia.
During 2000 - 2001 he took a position as a visiting Scholar at Stanford University.
Jon is presently course director and teacher in Operations strategy and Operations management at SSE and at Chalmers University of Technology. He also teaches at SSE Executive education, and takes the role of program Director at in-company programs at SSE executive education.