What structures of financing, governance and practice within the financial industry can make it more conducive to sustainable development?
Our aims Governance are to better understand how financial institutions themselves reason about externalities and short- versus long-term governance, to profile “angel” investors who are ready to invest in risky but progressive sustainable technologies, and to propose ways in which the culture of the financial industry can be influenced by such things as gender equality and bonus programs that are more equitable. We will also investigate the how consumers can become more knowledgeable and active in financial decisions.
Governance Research Projects:
- Cost of capital and sustainable development
- Are behavioral biases and social structures affecting access to finance in cleantech?
- Angel Financing
- Sustainability and entrepreneurship
- Financial sector attitudes towards long-termism
- Gender equality
- The ethics of executive compensation programs: philosophical and psychological perspectives
- Financial knowledge of individuals
- Investing in complex financial products
- Influencing financial planning
For more information about Governance, please contact: Gustav.Martinsson AT indek.kth.se