Jon Rognes (PhD Stockholm School of Economics, MSc/ Civ Ing Chalmers university of Technology) is affiliated researcher at the CIOM (centre for innovation and operations management) in DMO (department of marketing and organisation) at SSE. Primarily he takes the position of Deputy Secretary General at the Leading Health Care Foundation, an independent research foundation, linked to SSE, see www.leadinghealthcare.se
Jon focus his research on operations management and operations strategy. His fields of interest are; healthcare organisation and policy, outsourcing in the service sector, geographically dispersed organisations, operations management and operations strategy.
areas of interest are:
- Health system organisation and strategy
- Innovation and implementation in the health care sector
- Value based health care - a theoretical overview
- IT-sourcing and innovation - a dilemma
- Digitalisation in the public sector
Other major projects:
- Telecommuting, organizational impact of home based telecommuting (Thesis 1999).
- Callcenters and service outsourcing.
- Service factories - the outsourcing industry
Jon has over 10 years of experience as a line manager and consultant in operations, implementing Lean, TQM and working with organizational development. He has 20 years experience from executive education, mainly linked to SSE executive education.
During 2004 - 2005 visiting professor at Asian Institute of Management, Manila, studying the business process outsourcing sector in south-east Asia.
During 2000 - 2001 visiting Scholar at Stanford University.
Teacher in Operations strategy and Operations management at SSE, Chalmers University of Technology and SSE Executive education. Program Director at SSE executive education.