Jon Rognes (PhD Stockholm School of Economics, MSc/ Civ Ing Chalmers university of Technology) is affiliated researcher at the CIOM (centre for innovation and operations management) in DMO (department of marketing and organisation) at SSE. Primarily he takes the position of Deputy Secretary General at the Leading Health Care Foundation, an independent research foundation, linked to SSE, see www.leadinghealthcare.se
Jon focus his research on operations management and operations strategy. His fields of interest are; healthcare organisation and policy, outsourcing in the service sector, geographically dispersed organisations, and applicability and consequences of Lean, TQM and other megatrends on organisations. Presently his research is centered around health care.
areas of interest are:
- Organisation models for health care provision
- Applicability of Lean-like principles in health care
- Innovation and implementation in the health care sector
- Reimbursement models and organisational consequences
Other major projects:
- Telecommuting, organizational impact of home based telecommuting (Thesis 1999).
- Callcenters and service outsourcing.
- Lean services
- IT outsourcing and Innovation - a dilemma (ongoing project)
Jon has over 10 years of experience as a line manager and consultant in operations, implementing Lean, TQM and working with organizational development. He has 20 years experience from executive education, mainly linked to SSE executive education.
During 2004 - 2005 visiting professor at Asian Institute of Management, Manila, studying the business process outsourcing sector in south-east Asia.
During 2000 - 2001 visiting Scholar at Stanford University.
Teacher in Operations strategy and Operations management at SSE, Chalmers University of Technology and at IFL/SSE Executive education.