Carl-Philip Ahlbom is a Ph.D. student affiliated with the Center for Retailing since 2015. His research interest involves the areas of store atmospherics and sensory marketing in retail settings with a special emphasis on the use of in-store technologies.
Ongoing research projects include:
- Moderators to the effectiveness on in-store music
- The impact of in-store mobile usage on shopping behaviors
- The impact of in-store technologies on shopping behaviors
- Differences in in-store shopper evaluations between virtual reality and real-life store visits
- The impact of in-store physical effort on message evaluations
During his time as a doctoral student (since fall 2015), he has received two best paper awards at major international marketing conferences (American Marketing Association Winter Educators' Conference 2017 and Academy of Marketing Science Annual Meeting 2016).