Dr. Nikos Kourentzes is a visiting associate professor at the SSE and has a position as associate professor position at the Department of Management Science at Lancaster University Management School (UK), where he is involved in the internationally active Centre for Marketing Analytics and Forecasting (CMAF). His research is focused in supply chain and business forecasting problems, as well as predictive analytics. He is member of the editorial board of the International Journal of Forecasting, the leading academic journal in the field, and has long experience in executive training courses and working with the industry. In particular, he has worked with companies from various sectors including retailing, telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, media and public sector.
Research blog: http://nikolaos.kourentzes.com/
Research profiles: Research Gate & Google Scholar
Book: K. Ord, R. Fildes and N. Kourentzes, 2017, Principles of Business Forecasting, 2nd ed. Wessex Press Publishing Co.
- F. Petropoulos, N. Kourentzes, K. Nikolopoulos and E. Siemsen, 2018, Judgemental Selection of Forecasting Methods. Journal of Operations Management.
- J. R. Trapero, R. Cardos and N. Kourentzes, 2018, Empirical safety stock estimation based on kernel and GARCH models. OMEGA.
- J. R. Trapero, R. Cardos and N. Kourentzes, 2018, Quantile forecast optimal combination to enhance safety stock estimation. International Journal of Forecasting.
- N. Kourentzes, D. K. Barrow and F. Petropoulos, 2018. Another look at forecast selection and combination: evidence from forecast pooling. International Journal of Production Economics.
- O. Schaer, N. Kourentzes, R. Fildes, 2018, Demand forecasting with user generated online information. International Journal of Forecasting.
- Y. Sagaert, E-H. Aghezzaf, N. Kourentzes and B. Desmet, 2018, Tactical sales forecasting using a very large set of macroeconomic indicators. European Journal of Operational Research, 264(2): 558-569.
- D. K. Barrow, N. Kourentzes, 2018, The Impact of Special Days in Call Arrivals Forecasting: A Neural Network Approach to Modelling Special Days. European Journal of Operational Research, 264(3): 967-977
- G. Athanasopoulos, R.J. Hyndman, N. Kourentzes, F. Petropoulos, 2017, Forecasting with temporal hierarchies. European Journal of Operational Research, 262(1): 60-74.
- N. Kourentzes, B. Rostami-Tabar and D. K. Barrow, 2017, Demand forecasting by temporal aggregation: using optimal or multiple aggregation levels? Journal of Business Research, 78:1-9.
- N. Kourentzes, L. Dong and A. Strauss, 2017, Unconstraining Methods for Revenue Management Systems under Small Demand. Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, 1-15
- F. Petropoulos, N. Kourentzes, K. Nikolopoulos, 2016, Another look at estimators for intermittent demand. International Journal of Production Economics, 181: 154-161.
- D. K. Barrow, N. Kourentzes, 2016, Distributions of forecasting errors of forecast combinations: implications for inventory management. International Journal of Production Economics, 177: 24-33.
- N. Kourentzes, F. Petropoulos, 2015, Forecasting with multivariate temporal aggregation: The case of promotional modelling. International Journal of Production Economics, 181: 145-153.
- J. R. Trapero, N. Kourentzes, Martin, A., 2015, Short-term solar irradiation forecasting based on dynamic harmonic regression. Energy. 84, 289-295.
- N. Kourentzes, 2014, On intermittent demand model optimisation and selection, International Journal of Production Economics, 156: 180-190.
- F. Petropoulos, N. Kourentzes, 2014, Forecast combinations for intermittent demand, Journal of the Operational Research Society, 66: 914-924.
- J. R. Trapero, N. Kourentzes, R. Fildes, 2014, On the identification of sales forecasting models in the presence of promotions, Journal of Operational Research Society, 66: 299-307.
- N. Kourentzes, F. Petropoulos, J. R. Trapero, 2014, Improving forecasting by estimating time series structural components across multiple frequencies, International Journal of Forecasting, 30: 291-302. IJF 2014-2015 best paper award.
- N. Kourentzes, D. K. Barrow, S. F. Crone, 2014, Neural Network Ensemble Operators for Time Series Forecasting, Expert Systems with Applications, 41: 4236-4244.
- N. Kourentzes, 2013, Intermittent Demand Forecasts with Neural Networks, International Journal of Production Economics, 143: 198-206.
- J. R. Trapero, D. J. Pedregal, R. Fildes, N. Kourentzes, 2013, Analysis of judgmental adjustments in the presence of promotions, International Journal of Forecasting, 29: 234-243.
- J. R. Trapero, N. Kourentzes, R. Fildes, 2012, Impact of Information Exchange on Supplier Forecasting Performance, OMEGA, 40: 738-747.
- R. Fildes and N. Kourentzes, 2011, Validation in models of climate change and forecasting accuracy, International Journal of Forecasting, 27: 968-995.