We have now received your response.
If you are attending the ceremony, entrance cards will be sent out to you by the beginning of February.
Learn more about the festivities
Conferment of doctoral degrees
Installation of professors
getting to city hall:
How do I find the way to City Hall?
Closest subway station is the Central station. Bus 3 and 50 has bus stops across the street from City Hall. If you are arriving by car, please note that the City Hall has no parking lots for external guests. Nearest parking space is Norr Mälarstrand.
Where do I enter the Stockholm City Hall?
Entrance to the Blue Hall at the City Hall is located at Borgargården, Hantverkargatan 1. Doors open from 16.15 for guests and cloakroom is available in the entrance hall.
dress code & rental of dress suites:
What is the dress code for the ceremony and banquet?
- Ceremony only: dark suit or white tie/evening dress
- Ceremony and banquet, or only banquet: white tie/evening dress
Please note: There is no particular tradition for women as to the style or colour of their dresses, only that they be full-length.
White tie stands for tails with white vest, white bowtie, white shirt, black shoes and black socks. It also translates to national dress or military mess kit or long evening gown.
Where can I rent dress suits?
Dress suits may be rented from:
- Brudgummen Fest och Högtidskläder: Vattugatan1, phone +46-8-30 01 12
- Ateljé Royal Högtidskläder: Linnégatan 31, phone +46-8-612 37 35
- Östermalms Smoking & Frackuthyrning: (men’s wear only), Almlöfsgatan 3 (behind The Dramathical Theatre), phone +46-8-660 28 29. SSE has a discount.