The Jacob and Marcus Wallenberg Chair in Innovative and Sustainable Business Development
The Chair is oriented primarily towards the areas of organization and management, strategy or strategic marketing. We encourage applicants currently undertaking research in fields such as:
- business policy and strategy
- corporate governance
- international management
- international marketing
- organizational theory
- social issues of management
- strategic human resource management
- sustainable business development
- technology and innovation management
Depending on the research profile of the appointee, the Chair will belong to either the Department of Management and Organization or the Department of Marketing and Strategy.
This Chair presents a unique opportunity for an outstanding scholar to make a contribution to international research in the area of innovative and sustainable business development. The ideal candidate will have a prominent research profile, an interest in and talent for academic outreach to the business community and the capacity to build and lead a successful research group.
The holder of the Chair will have the following responsibilities:
- Initiating, leading and conducting high-quality, impactful research to be published in top-ranked international publications
- Playing a significant role in contacts with the business community, and promoting SSE’s visibility in the public debate
- Building up and leading a center of excellence
- Securing additional external research funding
- Participating actively in education activities on Bachelor, Master, PhD and ExEd levels
- Acting as a positive force in the development of SSE
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- A PhD degree or equivalent in a relevant research area
- A strong international publication record
- A significant impact in the research field
- Proven ability to attract research funding
- A demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Proof of academic leadership and service
- Documented experience of supervision of junior scholars
In addition, the following requirements are desirable:
- Documented research experience in an international context
- Ability to contribute to SSE’s visibility and image
How to apply
Please note that the application period has expired.
Thank you for your applications.
Applications must include:
- A letter of application articulating the candidate’s future research direction and fit with the position description
- A Curriculum Vitæ
- A complete list of publications, indicating the six most important publications
SSE strives for gender equality and values a variety of backgrounds and experience among our employees. We therefore particularly encourage candidates of different genders and perspectives to apply.
Questions about the position may be directed to:
- Professor Richard Wahlund, Head of Dept of Marketing and Strategy, email@example.com
- Professor Andreas Werr, Head of Dept of Management and Organization, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions regarding the application process and employment terms may be directed to:
- Ms Anna Sundmark, Personnel Director, email@example.com
The application period has expired.