Upgraded classrooms enhance teaching and learning.
With generous support from Rally for SSE 2018 donors, the Torsten and Ragnar lecture halls now provide 21st-century facilities for student-faculty interaction. Specific enhancements include improved infrastructure for recording and streaming lectures, and for hosting webinars and remote presentations.
When faculty can easily record lectures and student presentations, academics, practitioners and students from around the world can add to the SSE learning experience. This technology also allows SSE students to participate in lectures from remote locations, and it broadcasts the activities in Torsten and Ragnar to other rooms on the SSE campus.
Torsten and Ragnar have also become venues for larger events. Some of the events hosted and recorded for increased dissemination include:
- MISUM's presentation "Walking the Talk", an annual review of corporate social responsibility
- The course "World in the Making", a collaboration involving three universities that relies heavily on webinar connectivity
- Guest lectures by Pol Antras, Anna Kinberg Batra, and other leading figures
- A lecture series on dyslexia for SSE Professional Services staff
- Lectures from the 2019 Handelsdagarna
SSE media staff, student supporters and external film crews were able to record and stream these events thanks to the newly installed equipment and network infrastructure.
A big thank you to all of the Rally for SSE donors whose donations have digitalized these classrooms and thus enhanced learning at SSE!