Upgraded lecture space to enhance teaching and learning
With generous support from Rally for SSE 2018 donors, we began modernizing Torsten and Ragnar lecture halls in September of 2018. Specific enhancements have focused on improved lecture recording and streaming, webinar hosting, remote presentation, and learning access, and providing classroom engagement insight tools.
The two updated rooms have made it possible for the faculty to easily record lectures and student presentations. They enable a simple way to invite professors and students to participate in lectures at SSE from remote locations. It is also possible to broadcast the lectures from one of the rooms to other lecture halls at the school.
Torsten and Ragnar have also now become venues for bigger events. SSE media staff, student supporters and external film crews are able to record and stream these events thanks to the newly installed equipment and network infrastructure.
Since the re-launch of these critical spaces, a number of exciting events have been held and recorded for increased dissemination, including:
- MISUM’s presentation Walking The Talk was recorded live and offered as a webinar
- The course “World in The Making” a joint effort of three universities, relying heavily on webinar connectivity
- Guest lectures by Pol Antras, Anna Kinberg Batra, and other intellectual leaders
- Lecture series for SSE Professional Services for assisting students with dyslexia
- Handelsdagarna lectures for participating students and those who are unable to attend
Given that every part of the digitalization process must strengthen the meeting between faculty and students and make the classroom experience the best possible, enhancements have been focused on how best to facilitate improved teaching and learning for all in the SSE community.
A big thank you to all of the Rally for SSE donors who made these opportunities possible!