Entrance requirements - math
The minimum level of mathematical preparation to be considered includes:
- The concepts of polynomial and rational expressions, and generalization of the laws of arithmetic for dealing with these concepts.
- Algebraic and graphical methods for solving polynomial equations of higher degrees. Relationships and change
- Orientation to continuous and discrete functions, as well as the concept of limits.
- Properties of polynomial functions of higher orders.
- The concepts of secant, tangent, rate of change and derivatives of a function.
- Derivation and use of the rules of derivation for power and exponential functions, and also sums of functions.
- Introduction of the number "e" and its properties.
- Algebraic and graphical methods for determining the value of the derivative of a function.
- Algebraic and graphical methods for solving extreme value problems using sign tables and second derivatives.
- Relationship between the graph of a function and the first and second derivatives of a function.
- The concept of antiderivatives and definite integrals and the relationship between integrals and derivatives.