we are looking for an Office Manager for the newly formed House of Innovation
The newly formed House of Innovation is looking for an Office Manager to manage and run the office environment, take primary responsibility for planning and reporting, and plan and execute conferences, seminars and workshops in collaboration with the SSE External Relations unit. As Office Manager, you will work closely with the Chair (head of unit) and other faculty and staff at the House, as well as collaborate with the SSE External Relations unit. Since the House of Innovation is a new unit, you will actively contribute to shaping the new unit, how it operates, and how key activities are carried out.
The House encompasses the Department of Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Technology, the Jacob and Marcus Wallenberg Center for Innovative and Sustainable Business Development, and the Scania Center for Innovation and Operations Management.
As Office Manager, you will work closely with the Chair (head of unit) and other faculty and staff at the House of Innovation. Since this is a new unit, you will actively contribute to shaping the new unit, how it operates, and how key activities are carried out.
- Take primary responsibility for planning and reporting processes, including budgeting and financial planning (with guidance from the Chair/head of unit)
- Manage and “run” the office and work environment of the unit
- Build relationships and collaborations with other SSE units, as well as with faculty, staff, students and visitors
- Identify improvement needs and implement solutions that contribute to a well-functioning and stimulating work environment
- Plan, organize and execute workshops, seminars, and conferences independently as well as together with the SSE External Relations unit
- Manage and support relationships with funders, collaborating organizations, and collaborating research centers locally, nationally and internationally
- Has interest and ability to develop knowledge within the areas innovation, digitalization and entrepreneurship
- Is accurate, detailed and responsive in both regular administrative work and in ad hoc situations
- Can communicate well with academics, students, practitioners, media and other stakeholders
- Has exceptional spoken and written language skills in English (Swedish skills are a plus)
- Has a strong digital skill set, enabling crafting of presentations, invitations, etc.
- Has experience from international settings
- Has a university degree or equivalent
- Is autonomous and collaborative
- Is proactive in detecting and carrying out work tasks
Experience from an academic setting is preferred but not required.
If you have any questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Magnus Mähring, head of the House of Innovation, +46 8 736 9000, firstname.lastname@example.org (please cc: Kristin Ulvbäck on all correspondence).
For questions concerning terms of employment, please contact Kristin Ulvbäck, HR Specialist, email@example.com.
The union (SACO) contact is Cecilia Frietsch, +46 8 736 9328, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is full time limited to at first 12 months and after that with a possible prolongation for additional 12 months.
SSE is committed to a balanced gender distribution and values a variety of backgrounds and experiences among our employees. We therefore welcome all applicants regardless of their gender, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or other beliefs.
We would like to receive your application, marked DNR 411/080-18 together with your CV no later than June 7, 2018 by e-mail to: email@example.com.
Applications will be read on an ongoing basis during the application period.
We look forward to hearing from you!