We are looking for a Research and Outreach Manager for the newly formed House of Innovation
The newly formed House of Innovation is looking for a Research and Outreach Manager to project-lead grant application efforts and execute research support tasks, as well as to develop, implement and run media and outreach activities for the unit and its scholars. As Research and Outreach Manager, you will work closely with the Chair (head of unit) and other faculty and staff at the House, as well as collaborate with the SSE External Relations unit. Since the House of Innovation is a new unit, you will actively contribute to shaping the new unit, how it operates, and how key activities are carried out.
The House encompasses the Department of Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Technology, the Jacob and Marcus Wallenberg Center for Innovative and Sustainable Business Development, and the Scania Center for Innovation and Operations Management.
As Research and Outreach Manager, you will work closely with the Chair (head of unit) and other faculty and staff at the House of Innovation. Since this is a new unit, you will actively contribute to shaping the new unit, how it operates and how it interacts with the environment.
- Manage grant application processes and contribute to the writing of proposals
- Take the lead in exploratory phases of new research projects (with support from faculty)
- Manage research assistants and distribute research work tasks
- Scan for funding and research opportunities and take initiatives to explore and assess the potential of new research projects
- Develop the unit’s media and outreach strategy in collaboration with the SSE External Relations unit
- Lead and contribute to efforts to make research results accessible to a broader audience, including commissioning or co-creating videos, conducting and writing up interviews, rewriting research for practitioner audiences, and interfacing with media actors
- Proactively manage the unit’s external communication of activities and research output in a range of channels, including social media
- Develop individual research communication practices for researchers and support faculty, fellows and PhD students in implementing and maintaining them
- Work in a collaborative manner with SSE External Relations concerning communication and outreach
- Has a strong interest in innovation, digitalization and entrepreneurship, and wants to further develop her/his knowledge within these areas
- Is a skilled project manager (documented experience required)
- Is accurate, detailed and responsive in both administrative and research work
- Can communicate excellently with academics, practitioners and the media, through various channels and formats
- Has exceptional spoken and written language skills in English (Swedish skills are a plus)
- Has a strong digital skill set, enabling advanced and creative use of social media and other digital channels, as well as production of reports and presentations
- Has experience from international settings
- Has a university degree
- Is autonomous and collaborative
- Is proactive in detecting and carrying out work tasks
Experience from an academic setting is preferred but not required.
If you have any questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Magnus Mähring, head of the House of Innovation, +46 8 736 9000, firstname.lastname@example.org (please cc: Kristin Ulvbäck on all correspondence).
For questions concerning terms of employment, please contact Kristin Ulvbäck, HR Specialist, email@example.com.
The union (SACO) contact is Cecilia Frietsch, +46 8 736 9328, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is full time limited to at first 12 months and after that with a possible prolongation for additional 12 months.
SSE is committed to a balanced gender distribution and values a variety of backgrounds and experiences among our employees. We therefore welcome all applicants regardless of their gender, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or other beliefs.
We would like to receive your application, marked DNR 411/081-18 together with your CV no later than June 7, 2018 by e-mail to: email@example.com. You may also send your application by mail to: Stockholm School of Economics, Attn. Registrator, Box 6501, SE-113 83 Stockholm, Sweden.
Applications will be read on an ongoing basis during the application period.
We look forward to hearing from you!