High rate of successful alumni companies nominated to the Norrsken Award
The Norrsken Award is a possibility for three start-up companies to win tailor made support from world leading advisors McKinsey & Co, Brunswick Group and Mannheimer Swartling. On the current nomination list of 100 Nordic startup companies, more than one third of the companies have SSE alumni as founders, team members, or on the Board of Directors!
Many of SSE's students use their creativity and talent to contribute to solving today's challenges. The Norrsken Award is established by the Norrsken Foundation which was created by alum Niklas Adalberth, also co-founder of Klarna. Norrsken's vision is an optimized world for both people and planet, and their way of doing this is by supporting entrepreneurs with scalable businesses solving problems facing our world today.
"One of the main goals of Norrsken is to attract and inspire leading talent to work for companies that are solving global challenges. As a former student at SSE it makes me especially proud and I'm hopeful to see that many of the companies on the list have founders or board members with a background at SSE", says Jessica Guter, Expansion Manager at Norrsken HQ.
SSE Alumni startups
From #theimpact100 the following startup companies have SSE alumni involved as founders or part of the management, or both.
- Blue Call
- Bright Sunday
- Coala Life
- Doctrin AB
- Empe Diagnostics
- Eneo Solutions
- Grace Health
- Orbital Systems
Norrsken has looked at nordic startups and ranked them based on impact potential, user experience and product design, scalability and the founders/entrepreneurs. This resulted in a list of 100 startups called #theimpact100. All startups are companies solving environmental and social problems using entrepreneurship and scalable technology.
Nominate a startup until 17 June
If you have or know of a startup that meets the below criteria, you can nominate it until 17 June. Nominated startups should meet the following criteria:
- Positive impact: Core business has a net positive effect on people and/or planet
- Exceptional entrepreneur(s): Ability to execute & passionate about solving problem(s) targeted by core business
- Product/Market fit: Exceptional product/service providing a new solution with an outstanding user experience, a proven proof of concept in desired market with indications of a current customer base and willingness to pay
- Scalability: Low cost to acquire new customers, possible to achieve economies of scale with reduced cost per customer for each additional customer
- Financially sustainable over time: e.g., not dependent on one-off grants or founder donations
- <10 years: Operations launched between 2009 – 2019
- Nordic: Company based and operational in Norway, Finland, Denmark, Sweden or Iceland