Enrico is a PhD candidate at SSE, the Stockholm School of Economics. His main research covers CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility), sustainability as well as sustainable value chains, with particular reference to South and East Asia.
Enrico holds a BA in Business Administration from Bocconi University, a MSc CEMS in International Management from UCD Dublin and an MBA in Management & Finance from McGill University. Before embarking on his PhD research, Enrico worked full-time for 6 years in the Fashion Industry, in Europe and Asia.
- Fontana, E. (forthcoming). Corporate social responsibility as stakeholder engagement: Firm-NGO collaboration in Sweden. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management. Doi:10.1002/csr.1463.
- Fontana, E. (forthcoming). Innovative sustainability in South Asian Garment Supply Chains: The case of MAS Holdings in Sri Lanka. In: Heuer, M., & Becker-Leifhold, C. (2017). Eco-Friendly and Fair: Fast fashion and consumer behavior. Greenleaf Publishing.
- Fontana, E. (2017). Strategic CSR: a Panacea for Profit and Altruism? An empirical study among executives in the Bangladeshi RMG supply chain. European Business Review, 29(3), 304-319.
Papers presented at international conferences:
- Fontana, E., Zandén, N E (2017). “Non sibi, sed omnibus: The network effect of industrial clusters on CSR execution in the Bangladeshi garment supply chain”. Conferences:
1) CR3+, Making corporate responsibility useful. Hanken Business School, Finland, April 28th – 29th, 2017.
2) Business & Society research seminar. IESEG School of Management, France, June 8th – 9th, 2017.
3) Academy of Management. Atlanta, USA, August 3rd – 8th, 2017. Published in: Proceedings of the Seventy-seventh Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management. Doi: 10.5465/AMBPP.2017.15334abstract
- Fontana, E., Nyaupane, R. (2016). “A Scandinavian cooperative approach on silent stakeholders: The cases of H&M and M&S”. Conference:
International conference on business, policy and sustainability: Sustainability in a Scandinavian context. Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, June 16th – 17th, 2016.
- Fontana, E. (2015a). “Global value chain (GVC) governance: A study of compliance and sustainable compliance in in the RMG industry”. Conference: CRRC 2015, Creative destruction or creating destruction? Kedge Business School, Marseille Luminy Campus, France, September 16th – 18th, 2015.
- Fontana, E. (2015b). Compliance to corporate code of conducts: A trust-network perspective for the buyer – SME supplier dyadic relationship in the South East Asian RMG industry. Conference: ICCSR 2015, SMEs and corporate social responsibility in supply chains: An emerging/developing countries perspective. The University of Nottingham, UK, March 31st, 2015.