CEMS at SSE
The Stockholm School of Economics is, as the only school in Sweden, member of CEMS - a strategic alliance of leading business schools and multinational companies.
Read more »
CEMS Resources & News
CEMS Master in International Management (MIM ranked N°2 in the world by the Financial Times.
Read more »
What is CEMS? Introduction to CEMS, schools, membership and benefits.
Read more » (pdf)
Delve deeper. CEMS institutional brochure, prospection brochure, MIM leaflet and student guides, all available to download.
Read more »
CEMS Master in International Management is a one-year joint degree program that will kick-start any international career. Today, SSE is the only school in Sweden where you can get a CEMS degree.
The program addresses students who
- aim at leading positions in international organisations
- want to come in contact with international corporations
- want to be part of a strong international network (CEMS Students' Association and CEMS Alumni Association)
- want to study abroad at one of the world’s top universities or business schools
- want to improve their language skills
If you complete the program, you receive the CEMS degree in conjunction with your ordinary SSE M.Sc. degree. The CEMS program consists of mandatory elements that you complete with the other CEMS students, like an initial one-week block seminar, CEMS courses, a business project, an academic semester abroad, skills seminars and two foreign languages. During the CEMS year, one semester is spent at a CEMS partner school, while the other semester is typically spent at SSE. To learn more about what CEMS is and how it works, check out this video on CEMS on SSEchannel on YouTube.
SSE offers M.Sc. students two ways to participate in the CEMS Master in International Management Program:
- If you are a student in the new specialization in International Business within the Master in Business & Management, you are automatically assigned a slot in the CEMS MIM program, which completely overlaps with the second year of the MBM/IB program.
- If you are a student in other specializations in the M.Sc. in Business & Management, the M.Sc. in Economics, or the M.Sc. in Finance & Accounting, you can apply to CEMS MIM during your first semester of study and if admitted, participate in CEMS MIM during your second year, with partial overlap with your regular SSE M.Sc. program.
Make sure you are really committed if you apply, since both options are very popular and highly competitive.
Overview of the CEMS MIM Program Year:
If you are a student in the MBM/International Business specialization, CEMS MIM completely overlaps with your second study year. For other M.Sc. students about half the CEMS MIM program can overlap with the regular M.Sc. Program. During the CEMS year, one semester is spent at a CEMS partner school, while the other semester is typically spent at SSE.
Please note: The CEMS program at SSE is only open to students enrolled in SSE M.Sc. programs and to CEMS exchange students nominated by another CEMS school to study a semester at SSE. For more information, please contact CEMS office at SSE: firstname.lastname@example.org.